Complaint Review: Staples

• Submitted: Thu, December 18, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, December 18, 2008

• Reported By:Midland Texas
4509 Navarro Dr Midland, Texas U.S.A.

Staples Company does not honor furniture protection plan warranty Midland Texas

Below is the letter I sent to the President of Retail stores for staples. Even he will not repond. Don't waste your money on this plan.

I am writing to you in reference to the furniture protection plan I purchased with two chairs on June 10, 2007.

I had a claim on one chair in May 2008 after the upholstery separated where sown. Your staff handled the claim quickly and sent me a gift car for the amount of the chair.

On October 10, 2008 I attempted to contact your company with a warranty claim on the second chair. I was on hold for twenty minutes before I got to speak to Harrison. I was informed at that time since I had filed a claim on one chair the receipt had been removed from the computer system and I would need to fax in a copy of the receipt. He also told me to call back an hour after I sent the fax to make sure it got there. I was then transferred to Susan to obtain a telephone number to fax the receipt to. I then faxed the receipt to Susan at 1:40 PM. An hour later I called customer service to see if they had the fax and they said no. I then faxed the receipt again. At 3:04 PM I called customer service again to see if they had received the fax and Harrison answered the telephone. He informed me that it takes 2 to 3 days to enter faxes in to the system, that his computer was not working correctly so he could not see any faxes. He than transferred me to Chris who did not know why Harrison would have told me to call and check to see if the fax had been received. I was told that I would receive a gift card in 5 to 7 business days.

On October 27, 2008 at 10:34 AM I called customer service and talked to Christen because I had not received the gift card. She informed me it had been sent out and returned as undeliverable. She assured me they would send out another and void the first one.

To date I have received no gift card.

Midland, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2008 02:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Staples/Midland-Texas-79707/Staples-Company-does-not-honor-furniture-protection-plan-warranty-Midland-Texas-402809. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Staples