Complaint Review: Staples

• Updated: Tue, September 28, 2010

• Reported By: bcwizard — Surrey Manitoba United States of America
Staples
3037-152nd Street Surrey, British Columbia United States of America

Staples Staples Canada Over charged a senior for a repair and for parts that were never instaled Surrey, British Columbia

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Tech $$$ out of control

Staples charged this senior for a 500 gig hard drive that I have searched with numerous hard drive OEM programs that show that she has the original 150 gig that the machine came with. They charged her 230.00 to do a factory image instal with two back up disks, which any idiot can do by pressing f10 on a compaq laptop and following the instructions.After installing the above fictional parts and software they included nortons 360 for a total cost of 380.00,,, this is a total rip off under any ones sence of fair play, She could have got a new computer for this rediculus price.

I have been repairing computers for 15 years and I have seen a lot of rip offs but this one will stand out amounst all of them, I would not have charged her 70.00 for the hard drive she didn't get, probably 75.00 to reinstall a factory image and do the back up the factory image promps you to do. I would probably install AVG or Avast for free

but on request install nortons for 40.00. total cost  75.00  to 115.00 compared to 380.00.

Staples should stick to selling printing paper or rubber bands as they have to compete in the real world and not rip off our seniors,  shame on you

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2010 03:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Staples/Surrey-British-Columbia-v4p-3k1/Staples-Staples-Canada-Over-charged-a-senior-for-a-repair-and-for-parts-that-were-never-in-645159. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Staples

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Tech $$$ out of control

AUTHOR: X Easy Tech Employee - ()

Reading this account is absolutely correct and there is no question in my mind that if they could have extracted more they would have. Unfortunately I was them and I was the $$ extractor, I was good at what I did and because I started when Tech repair was in its infancy for Staples, I helped to grow the business. The store I started at was doing maybe 3-400 per month and within the first 3 weeks we were pulling in 8-900 per week. After countless awards for highest sales in the district was hired full time @ $8.25 hr :-) during the second year we were averaging $2,200 per week @ 80% plus  pure profit for the company It’s no wonder they are pushing Tech services.

Then a tune-up was $29.50 now $49.00 + $59.00 for starters @ $108.00 plus tax goes up fast from there. In 08 -09 they introduce Total repair that’s when the corporate greed went to an outrageous high and was also their demise. That did not last to long before being replaced  by different methods of escalating cost of repair and camouflaging it with 3 different care packages. Unfortunately the damage was done and sales were considerably affected.

Any computer tech that complained or tried to do the right thing was replaced. I was told that if I did not bring in $3,000 in tech sales per week ( yes week ) I would lose my Job  which eventually happened. I now work for myself and my pricing is bang on with the gentlemen who wrote the report.

In closing its clear to me that from 2003 to 2006 Staples greed took over for the 80% profit, It’s no wonder their going under.