Complaint Review: Staples

• Reported By:Bergenfield New Jersey
Staples
Staples.com Internet U.S.A.

Staples Staples Easy Rebate Ripoff Internet Nationwide

I purchased a Syntax LCD TV online from Staples and filled out an online "Easy Rebate" form for a $100.00 rebate.

The submitted date was 05/28/05 and Staples clearly states on its Promotion details page that the rebate woul be send within 4-6 weeks.

When you go to the rebates tracking page it will show the information regarding the rebate. However, when you fill out the requested page for tracking the payment, it returns to the filed rebate application page after you click on their "tracking link" and does not give you the information what the status is with the rebate.

I was forced to call their 1-877-266-6483 number and after numerous maneuvers I was able to talk to a Representative. He told me after much talk that they would send out a check within a few days. Obviously, I complained.

I made the above mentioned call today 8/30/05 at 8pm ET, this is now 3 months ago when I filed for the rebate.

I feel, if I had not called today to follow-up, I would never have received my $100.00 rebate.

What kind of "Staples Easy Rebate" is that? Luckyly I kept my records.

Personally I feel cheated because 3 months went by and I have to chase them for my money!

Peter
Bergenfield, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2005 06:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Staples/internet/Staples-Staples-Easy-Rebate-Ripoff-Internet-Nationwide-155552. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Staples