Complaint Review: Staples

• Submitted: Wed, July 30, 2014
  • Updated: Wed, July 30, 2014

• Reported By: disgusted in Saskatoon — Saskatoon Saskatchewan
Nationwide USA

Staples Purchased new desktop computer and found out it has been returned more than once. It still had someone else's identity on it. Saskatoon Saskatchewan Canada

I purchased what I thought was a new desktop from Staples in February 2014.  I paid the price of a new computer.  Since I don't use the computer all the time and was just getting used to it and the new Windows version I loaded it with I didn't notice for a while that it had been used before by someone else.  It had been used in a network.  It had been wiped clean but the identity remained.  I called HP support to ask about this and they told me to talk to the Staples store manager which I did.  He happily informed me that yes it had been used and returned.  I had purchased a floor model because they were out of that model.  He told me I should have noticed that there wasn't a sticker on the box from the manufacturer.  He said they often do that.  If I wasn't happy he would give me a refund.  He didn't say full refund.  I have loaded it with software that can only be installed once and I will be out hundreds of dollars if I return it.  I have tried to contact the head office of Staples in eastern Canada but have to leave messages.  I paid 685.00 CA for this desktop and have been ripped off.  I told the manager at Staples I would never shop Staples again and he told me he didn't care.  DO NOT shop at Staples!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2014 09:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Staples/nationwide/Staples-Purchased-new-desktop-computer-and-found-out-it-has-been-returned-more-than-once-1166092. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Staples