Complaint Review: Staples.com

• Updated: Thu, January 06, 2011

• Reported By: JBgroove — Brooklyn New York United States of America
Staples.com
Five Hundred Staples Drive Framingham, Massachusetts United States of America

Staples.com Staples track your IP to push you higher pricing Framingham, Massachusetts

Hi,

My complaint involves Staples.com website using my IP address to push me higher pricing. The price I get is 26.49. Everywhere else it's 24.49.

I"ve looking at the following product for a while on staples website 789507, but didn't purchase it. By chance the other day i used anothe rpc to find out the price is 2 dollars less on their website from any other compuer or mobile phone.

To prove that it was not cookies or cache, I deleted all the history, cache, and cookies, and used a private browser session, which blocks sites from colelcting data besides IP addresses. And guess what the price after all that was still $2 more, the sam eprice it was the last few months for me. that basically means staples has been tracking my IP and interests, and has been pushing me higher prices base on what I look at, even though the item si on sale, or has gone down in price. That's disturbing,s ick, and may border on being illegal.

I called their executive team only to get a silly response, such as based on my location they they might raise the price beacuse of local and state taxes. I've heard of sales tax, bu I've nerv heard of that. That whole excuse didn't start i explained the rep, since both computers and Ip addresses i was using was within a block radius. One was 26.49, and theother still 24.49. Expplain this Staples????

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2011 06:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Staplescom/Framingham-Massachusetts-01702/Staplescom-Staples-track-your-IP-to-push-you-higher-pricing-Framingham-Massachusetts-679723. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Staples.com