Complaint Review: Star Capital Disbursement Agency - BCE

• Updated: Mon, March 02, 2009

• Reported By:Salyersville Kentucky
Star Capital Disbursement Agency - BCE
161 - 181 Bay Street Toronto, Ontario Canada

Star Capital Disbursement Agency - BCE I recieved a check in the amount of 4,985 & was told to wire 3,975 via moneygram. No none address found. Toronto Ontario

I recieved a letter telling me that I had won a Promotional Sweepstakes Lottery held on December 28th, 2008. I am suposed to have won 248,000.00 and enclosed was a check for 4,985 and asked me to wire 3,975 via moneygram at wal-mart. The letter states that there were 6 names drawn by computer from over 500,000 names. It gives a claim number and two different addresses on the check, plus one on the letter. None of the addresses even exist. The phone number is a unpublished cell phone. I called the number that is on the check that is supposed to be the banks number and the recording that comes on is a recording for a claims center. It asks for your name then disconnects. I did not try any of the other numbers because I knew that this was a fraud, and I didn't want to give them the satisfaction of thinking that I believed it. I think that it is a shame and a disgrace how people can even think of robbing people instead of getting out and finding a job. Fast food resturants hire everyday, i know it isn't the ideal jobs but I have raised my kids on it for the last 4 years. As bad as the economy is, it sickens me to think that these letters may get to some elderly people that may fall for this and lose their money.

Jennifer
Salyersville, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2009 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Star-Capital-Disbursement-Agency-BCE/Toronto-Ontario-M5J-2T3/Star-Capital-Disbursement-Agency-BCE-I-recieved-a-check-in-the-amount-of-4985-was-tol-429874. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Star Capital Disbursement Agency - BCE