Complaint Review: Star Card

• Updated: Fri, October 14, 2011

• Reported By: mm — Columbus Georgia United States of America
Star Card
P.O. Box 70120 Internet United States of America

Star Card aafes credit card DPP Star Card Fraud team hinders investigation Internet, Internet

I went through a divorce.  My ex-wife found a copy of my old Star Card and made 15 purchaese.  Six on Ft. Carson CO, five on the Air Force Academy and four on Peterson Airforce base.  She only purchased gas at the pump.  She was never an authorized user on the account.  During our ten year marrage she never used my card or had a card issues to her.  No Aafes agency will allow a spouse to use their husbands card with out them presant.  When I found out I reported the crime.

I was told to file a report on Ft. Knox where I was stationed.  Ft. Knox tells me that they will not do anything since she is not in the state.  I filed a report with Ft. Carson they dragged their feet until I filed a comlpaint about the officer and then was told that The colplaint was never offical  after they were looking into it for severial months and they will not help me.  I finaly was able to get the Sheriff department in Colorado Springs to take my complaint.  My ex-wife had the card in her possession and admitted to using the card, but told the Officer that she had my verbal permission.  The officer contacted me and told me that he needs evidence that she was not an authorized user.

I contacted the Fraud team and asked them for a letter or e-mail stating that I have been the only authorized user on the account and was told sorry we dont do that.  I explained that the person responsible for making the charges was facing severial felonys and unless I got this from them she would walk.  Every time I call I get told different things.  Few of the workers there are very unprofessional and use slang terms and make you the consumer feel like the criminal.  This is not a professional company and they only look out for them selves.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2011 08:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Star-Card/internet/Star-Card-aafes-credit-card-DPP-Star-Card-Fraud-team-hinders-investigation-Internet-Inter-788704. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Star Card