Complaint Review: Star Communication

• Submitted: Tue, January 03, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, January 03, 2006

• Reported By:jena Louisiana
Star Communication
6433 Toopanga Canyon Road Canoga Park, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-357-9258
  • Web:
  • Category: Cable TV

Star Communication Ripoff my family. We were promised something, and we did not receive anything but $130 in Fraudulent charges. Canoga Park California

On Dec. 22, 2005 star communication called my home and offered a $500 shopping spree, family fun pack, and an internet account for free. I only had to pay a $4.95 shipping and handling fee. I was told I would receive the items in 5 days.

On Dec. 30, 2005 (with no items) I was charged $4.95 twice, and $119. I tried to call the customer service, but with no luck. So I went to the bank, had them reverse the charges. They called me when I got home and told me they have a phone number for the customer service for star communication. But they won't talk to the bank, only to the customer. So I called the number and the same man I talked to before, answered the phone but this time he had a different name. Peter #9031.

After arguing for 1/2 hour. He said my money would be returned in 4-6 weeks. I said NO. Would we be contacting our lawyer if the money is not returned in 2 days. So he then talked a whole lot the hung up the phone.

We do not expect to receive the money or the packages.

Mary
jena, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2006 10:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Star-Communication/Canoga-Park-California-91303/Star-Communication-Ripoff-my-family-We-were-promised-something-and-we-did-not-receive-an-170224. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Star Communication