Complaint Review: Star Communications - Family Fun Pass

• Submitted: Mon, December 05, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, December 05, 2005

• Reported By:Enid Oklahoma
Star Communications - Family Fun Pass
Canoga Park, California U.S.A.

Star Communications - Family Fun Pass ripoff read that possible identity theft, unauthorized billing Canoga Park California

I, too, was called by "Family Fun Pass" and offered a $500 shopping spree. They also never sent me the information but billed me. Thankfully, I watch my accounts like a hawk, and by filing a police report and going to my bank I got my money back. Their customer service system is what is referred to a "Gateway" system-they actually have no idea what they are talking about and are so abused all day that they don't care. After a whole lot of research online and through the Southern CA better business bureau, I found that they actually have about 12 numbers that they give out. And, although they claim to be separate, Star Communications and Family Fun Pass share a computer system. So, if you call one and they are unsympathetic, I don't recommend calling the other one. This IS fraud, so file a police report. After I filed my reports they actually DID send me the "shopping spree", which turned out to be a $500 rebate paid out at $20/month to a few merchants. Not even worth the initial $4.95.

Good luck to you all!

Tabitha
Enid, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2005 06:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Star-Communications-Family-Fun-Pass/Canoga-Park-California/Star-Communications-Family-Fun-Pass-ripoff-read-that-possible-identity-theft-unauthoriz-166954. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Star Communications - Family Fun Pass