Complaint Review: Star Communications

• Submitted: Thu, December 29, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, December 29, 2005

• Reported By:Bradford Maine
Star Communications
6433 TC Road Canoga Park, California U.S.A.

Star Communications ripoff attempted to retrieve my checking account number over the phone Canoga Park California

On 12/29/05 at approximately 1230 pm, I received a phone call from a man claiming to be Alvin Cuckett. He stated he represented a company named Star Communications.
Alvin made an offer to me that included a free five hundred dollar shopping spree, all I had to do was pay a one time fee of four dollars and ninety five cents.
Alvin then went on to say, that if I did not want to join this family fun package program, all I had to do was mail back the packet, and I could keep the shopping spree as a gift for reviewing their program.

Sounded too good! So I asked what was the catch, he stated all I had to do was give them the number on the check I would be paying the four dollars and ninety five cents with, and in addition to that, he wanted the numbers to my checking account on the bottom of my check. This would give him access to my checking account.
Alvin then became frustrated and put his supervisor on the phone, she stated her name was Alicia Carker. She stated that the account number was so that she could give me a tracking, and a routing number. I asked her for a number to call her back to verify the company, she gave me the following number: 1-800-697-2401, I almost gave her my account number, but it did not feel right, glad I didn't. I would like to join in any class action law suit against this company, if one is filed.

Bradford, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2005 11:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Star-Communications/Canoga-Park-California-91303/Star-Communications-ripoff-attempted-to-retrieve-my-checking-account-number-over-the-phone-169672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Star Communications