Complaint Review: Star Rebate

• Submitted: Wed, April 27, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, May 30, 2011

• Reported By: Iowa family — 50036 Iowa United States of America
Star Rebate
1100 Dexter Ave. North, Suite 100, Seattle, WA Seattle, Washington United States of America

Star Rebate Monthlygiftcards.com Do not fall for this!! Seattle, Washington

*Consumer Suggestion: Star Rebates

*Author of original report: Update

We too fell for this scam after buying a hot tub cover from an online retailer.  We were promised a rebate of $300 if we followed the instructions and paid a $15.95 fee.  We have done everything required for 3 months (even going above and beyond by sending items via certified mail), but have not yet received a penny.

In trying to contact the company, only canned email replies have been received.

Beware!  (And retailers please don't victimize your customers by using this company.  I notified the company we purchased our hot tub cover from and let them know this is a scam, but they haven't removed the promise of a rebate from their website yet.)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2011 08:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Star-Rebate/Seattle-Washington-98109/Star-Rebate-Monthlygiftcardscom-Do-not-fall-for-this-Seattle-Washington-722635. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Star Rebate

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Star Rebates

AUTHOR: Mike1964 - (United States of America)

E-mail consumer rights advocate Amy Clancy @ KIRO TV she is exposing these people aclancy@kirotv.com They have ripped me off too. It's probably mail fraud. Also you can e-mail the Attorney General a complaint using the following link: www.atg.wa.gov/fileacoplaint.aspx

Good Luck

PS: I e-mailed the AG a few months ago and got my first 3 cards. I had to email them again recently.

Update

AUTHOR: Iowa family - (United States of America)

I have filed a report with the Attorney General of Washington.  I also plan to file in my own state.