Complaint Review: Star Transportation/Covenant Transport Group

• Submitted: Fri, April 16, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, April 16, 2010

• Reported By: Disgruntled1 — Southern Middle Tennessee U.S.A.
Star Transportation/Covenant Transport Group
1116 Polk Ave. Nashville, Tennessee United States of America

Star Transportation/Covenant Transport Group Covenant Transport, CTG STEALING HARD EARNED MONEY FROM DRIVERS. Nashville, Tennessee

I thought Covenant was leaving Star alone, until I went to work for them! I found out that CTG (Covenant, Star, and SRT) have this manditory per diem thing. I hired on at .35 cpm, I found out that I was only makng .32cpm. They secretly deduct .03 cents per mile which equals about 300 dollars per month based on an average of 2500 miles per week, from their drivers pay. When I asked about the .03 cents, the payroll department stated that it was an internal corporate tax. When I asked someone else, I was told that it went to the govt. for taxes. The funny thing is that this .03 cpm does not show up on pay stubs, nor can Star or Covenant provide any paperwork to show drivers where the money goes. I called two CPM's and the IRS and they all said that this was a scam! Star was a really good company to work for, and still has really good people working there, I hate the fact that Covenant had ruined such a good company! I was never treated like dirt until I went to work for Covenant. They are some of the most rude and vial people on the face of this planet, you are only a number to them! Even their phone system shows you that they dont care. They tried to put me on the DAC two times when I worked for them, but I caught things in the nick of time and disputed the bs and proved my point! DO NOT GO TO WORK FOR THESE PEOPLE! They will screw you any way they can!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2010 01:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Star-TransportationCovenant-Transport-Group/Nashville-Tennessee-37210/Star-TransportationCovenant-Transport-Group-Covenant-Transport-CTG-STEALING-HARD-EARNED-593765. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Star Transportation/Covenant Transport Group