Complaint Review: StarFit Fitness Center

• Submitted: Mon, July 07, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, August 01, 2008

• Reported By:Spokane Washington
StarFit Fitness Center
212 N. Sullivan Rd Spokane, Washington U.S.A.

StarFit Fitness Center Take the money and run Spokane Washington

*Consumer Comment: I was also a member

I live in Spokane Washington, and in Feb. 08 I got a membership to a local gym here. It was a new gym just down the road from me, so my sister and I went down to the gym and checked it out.
After talking to employees and the assurance of the stability of the gym we decided to join. We both paid in full for a one year membership and have the contracts in writing. Well I would say it has been three weeks to a month since I had been there, so I decided to get back at it again.
I drove down to the gym on July 7 08 at about 9 pm. When I got there the windows were covered with Blue construction paper. I went to the door where you swipe your card to get in, but the machine was gone. I could see where the paper was torn on the window, so I looked in. Everything was gone, the place was empty. I then walked up and down the front of the building to see if there was a letter or note saying they moved or something, there was nothing posted about a move.
I went home and called their number, but the line has been disconected. I honestly dont know what to do, I have never had anything like this happen to me before. I just filed a complaint with the BBB, these people need to pay for what they have done. You just cant take someones money and leave town.

Lj
Spokane, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2008 10:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/StarFit-Fitness-Center/Spokane-Washington-99216/StarFit-Fitness-Center-Take-the-money-and-run-Spokane-Washington-348544. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on StarFit Fitness Center

I was also a member

AUTHOR: Mp - (U.S.A.)

Hello StarFit member, I was also a starFit member. Some what of the same thing happend to me. I went to the club one afternoon and it was closed but there were signs on the windows that said they would be closed for some time. I was dissapointed that the facility closed because they had a really nice club, the employees were really helpful, and I was starting to get really comfortable there. I just wanted to coment on your situation and see if anything has been resolved because some of my friends that were members and myself have all been paid back. The only thing that we were ever charged for was a month which was only like $25.

One good thing though was that we were all paid back for that month and we received an apology letter. Did you have this same experience? All i have to say is that it is a dissapointment that they had to close but who are we to say anything, we don't know what it is like to own a business or a health club. Business eather move or go out of business all of the time and it's something that we'll just always have to deal with. I hope you get your situation figured out because we did. Good luck StarFit member