Complaint Review: Starbiz Wilhelmina

• Submitted: Mon, August 23, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, October 05, 2004

• Reported By:Scottsdale Arizona
Starbiz Wilhelmina
13430 N. Scottsdale Rd. Suite 300 Scottsdale, Arizona U.S.A.

Starbiz - Wilhelmina Predator on fooled parents Ripoff Scam artist Liar Scottsdale Arizona

*Consumer Suggestion: File a complaint with the AG.

*Consumer Comment: Kathie, glad these reports helped

*Consumer Comment: almost fooled, so lucky to have accidently pulled up this report while looking for starbiz on line

*Consumer Comment: Did you feel you were misled?

Parents Beware. I am fortunately one of the parents that did not fall for Bruce Rombergs' modelling scams. I took my daughter in for the modelling "audition", with at least another 30 anxious parents.

After waiting around for a while they called each of us individually into a room, they put my daughter on camera for maybe 45 seconds, tops. Bruce then asked me if I would be willing to travel with my daughter if she is chosen, he said she was great, she loved the camera. They then told everyone to call back between 1:00 - 2:00, that same day. I called back, they then said they were quite backed up, so they would call us.

6:00p.m, we got the call. She made it, they loved her, she was going to go places. I was to come in the next day to sign the contract. My husband told me I was not signing the contract until his sister, who is a lawyer, looked at it. I was so pissed off at him. I was sucked in by Bruce as well.

Thank god I didn't sign it. To make a long story short, his corporation has been dissolved 3 times, meaning something has gone harry.

This man preys upon proud parents who think that their kids have a chance in the modelling business. Save your money folks and put it in their college fund, not this creeps pocket.

Sincerely,

Tanya
Scottsdale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2004 04:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Starbiz-Wilhelmina/Scottsdale-Arizona-85254/Starbiz-Wilhelmina-Predator-on-fooled-parents-Ripoff-Scam-artist-Liar-Scottsdale-Arizona-105031. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Starbiz Wilhelmina

#1 Consumer Suggestion

File a complaint with the AG.

AUTHOR: Pat - (U.S.A.)

I just called the Attorney General's office to follow up on the complaint I filed. The person I spoke with said that my complaint was in the system and was being investigated by the legal staff.

He did indicate that everyone with the same complaint should file a report. I urge everyone to go to the following website and fill out a Consumer Complaint Form:

www.ag.state.az.us

If the AG's office sees a trend developing, they are more likely to pursue action.

Kathie,

I'm assuming you only went to the audition, and have not yet paid. Good for you if that is the case. Have you read my report?

We are working towards taking action against Starbiz. Hopefully these reports will assist us greatly.

Kathie,

AUTHOR: Kathie - (U.S.A.)

i was so lucky to have accidently pulled up this report while looking for starbiz on line to show my older daughter as i was so proud our baby was "chosen" -i am calling them today to see what the tell me, and then i will pursue this with anyone legally who wants to-i feel so sorry for those moms sitting in that room with me who will borrow the money to pursue this dream. i iwll go stand in front of that building and try to save some people from this business

Did you feel you were misled?

Tanya,

My story is exactly the same as yours, except that we actually paid the $685 and signed a contract. I am trying to prove that they use false advertising and misleading information to gain clients, and if you would, please help my cause by answering the following:

1) Did the advertisement state that they were looking for babies and toddlers for a commercial ad campaign? If so, was a clothing retailer or brand name used?

2) After listening to the presentation and going through the initial interview, did you feel that selected children would appear in a paid commercial advertisement?

3) At any point were you ever told that the first appearance in the commercial ad was not going to be a paid appearance, but that it was so the child could gain "experience".

4) If called upon, would you be willing to present these facts in court?

I find it interesting that you found out his corporations have been dissolved three times. Do you have the names of his previous business ventures?

Thanks for your help. I have made it my mission in life to see that this stops.