Complaint Review: Starbiz Wilhelmina

• Submitted: Wed, January 19, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, January 19, 2005

• Reported By:anthem Arizona
Starbiz Wilhelmina
13430 N. Scottsdale Rd Ste 300 Scottsdale, Arizona U.S.A.

Starbiz Wilhelmia Aka Starbiz Entertainment RIPOFF misleading, dishonest, theives Scottsdale Arizona

Thank you all for posting your recent experience with Starbiz Entertainment.

We went for an audition today, (1-19-05)and the story line was exactly as you all stated from your previous experience. I knew something wasn't right when I got there, most legit agencies have a "screening" before you meet the "big people" so that they are not wasting their time looking at everyone's children.

There must have been 60 kids in the room. Them having YOU call back means they are trying to see who is willing to commit to the $685 - when I did call back I told them I had severe reservations about the upfront cost as my child as done a great deal of work and we have NEVER had upfront costs.

They claim to have a 75% placment rate when I asked of their success in placing children with agents but since I've had previous experience in the business I just knew, even after the phone call that something wasn't right. The posting on this website confirmed what was in my gut the entire time.

The BBB which the company is a member of doesn't list any complaints, this is because the company has satisfied all their requirements for complaints which is to "resond". I agree with a previous post-file a complaint with the Attorney General. Although I didn't fall prey to today's scam, I am certain a lot of people did who may not be able to make their mortgage this month on account of that $685.

I am going to send them a copy of these postings.
Thank you everyone!

anthem, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2005 10:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Starbiz-Wilhelmina/Scottsdale-Arizona/Starbiz-Wilhelmia-Aka-Starbiz-Entertainment-RIPOFF-misleading-dishonest-theives-Scottsd-128174. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Starbiz Wilhelmina