Complaint Review: Starbucks

18000 Von Karman Ave irvine, California United States of America

Starbucks Starbucks charges 50 cents for a cup of ice!!!! irvine, California

*Consumer Comment: Wow...

*Consumer Comment: It's not free

I've been going to this specific Starbuck shop for years, I work across the street and today was the first time I was asked to pay 50 cents for a cup of ice. So bad for business seeing as I religious go there everyday. I told the representative with the thick hispanic accent that I come here all the time and have never been charged for such a small request. She said that they charge for the cup, she stated that the company doesn't like to waist the cups of just ice. I told her that I have come this morning for a hot coffee and now in the afternoon I wanted the cup of ice to pour my coffee that once again I bought there that morning. She still refused and so I told that I would no longer be coming here. She laughed at me and turned me away. Upset, I went to the front desk of the Marriot, seeing as the shop is located inside, and asked if they were allowed to charge for a cup of ice. She advised me that starbucks is not allowed to charge anything for a request so small but only to the marriot customers. So  here I am writting this review. It's not that I dont have 50 cents, I get paid very well. Its the principle of the matter.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2012 02:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Starbucks/irvine-California-92612/Starbucks-Starbucks-charges-50-cents-for-a-cup-of-ice-irvine-California-959517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Starbucks

Wow...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

So now the entitlement mentality has made it to free ice.

You were in the Marriott HOTEL, that I would bet has Ice Machines available for use to it's guests and people that have a legitimate business in the Hotel.   Oh wait...you work across the street.  Perhaps you should have written a report on the hotel for having two policies..one for guests and one for people off of the street.

By the way if they said it was because of the cup, how come you didn't take your coffee you bought earlier and let them put ice in that cup?

What do we want?  FREE ICE
What do we want? FREE ICE
What do we want? FREE ICE
When do we want it? NOW

..now get out there and fight for your rights.

It's not free

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

That is greedy but it's not a rip-off.