• Report: #200446

Starbucks
starbucks.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Starbucks don't support US troops Corporate Office America

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Not true

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I worked for Starbucks for over two years....

*UPDATE Employee: Who Cares!!!!

*Consumer Comment: Starbucks Has A Campaign Accepting Donations To Send Coffee To Our Troops!!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I have always supported the troops

*Consumer Comment: tons of coffee sent to iraq!

*Consumer Comment: I'm Glad

*Consumer Comment: A Hoax!

*Consumer Comment: BOGUS

I was a loyal Starbucks customer for many years but will no longer give them my business. My brother went to Iraq when this current war began. He was there for a year.

A few of the troops were talking and decided that one of the things they missed the most about the states was Starbucks coffee. The collectively wrote a letter to the Corporate Office of Starbucks requesting somekind of coffee to be sent to them in Iraq and expressing their love for the companies coffee.

The response they received was that Starbucks did not agree with the war or our troops being over there and would therefore not send them anything.

I couldn't believe that this popular well known company would outright deny our troops their products.

I think that it is wrong for a company like that to take a political approach to a simple request for a mail order of coffee.

Christy
Eagle River, Alaska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2006 12:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Starbucks/nationwide/Starbucks-dont-support-US-troops-Corporate-Office-America-200446. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Starbucks

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Not true

AUTHOR: mashimashixp - (USA)

Show us the letter to prove that it's real.  Otherwise, it is outrageously unbelievable.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I worked for Starbucks for over two years....

AUTHOR: sillyrob - (USA)

....and I know quite well this is a bunch of garbage. I guess Americans will believe anything and everything people tell them.

Who Cares!!!!

AUTHOR: C G - (United States of America)

Seriously people, Starbucks is not required to send FREE anything to anyone. The troops miss home but guess what, they chose to go there. not only that they chose to enlist in the first place. I'm not going to jump on some kind of trend that America is somehow on and say poor toops, we're sorry your stationed in a crap hole. Here is some free stuff from all of us. they get paid people. in fact you pay them. we all do. what do you think taxes are for? don't be stupid and tell me that just because Starbucks Coffee company wouldn't send FREE  coffee to some troops you would boycott them completely. I think if they missed Starbucks enough they could send some money with that letter...

Starbucks Has A Campaign Accepting Donations To Send Coffee To Our Troops!!

AUTHOR: Anna - (U.S.A.)

WOW! What an incredibly false statement this person has made. All of our/my local Starbucks are currently promoting a campaign for customers to donate money so that Starbucks can send our troops coffee! In fact, I have donated to this fund personally!! Hence, this statement just cannot be true as Starbucks is willing and gladly doing what they can to support our troops. My two cents: Get the facts before you make a serious negative complaint against someone!

Anna

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I have always supported the troops

AUTHOR: Peter - (U.S.A.)

As a former part-time shift leader of Starbucks, Corp. in Alabamama, I have always supported the troops by sending coffee, novelties, and even Bearista bears to add some extra joy in the lives of the honored troops. My DM always approved of my efforts and even supported me in doing so. He was glad to get rid of the aging coffee as well as discontinued merchandise items to make room for new stuff, as well as knowing that they were going to good use with our troops in Iraq. There is NO company policy in Starbucks against sending coffee to troops ... your "rip off" is nothing but a hoax.

tons of coffee sent to iraq!

AUTHOR: Janet - (U.S.A.)

my husband is a maj in the us army currently serving in his second tour in iraq-i can vouch for starbucks and say that they do support the troops and have sent tons of coffee to the troops-according to my husband.

I'm Glad

AUTHOR: Leonardo - (U.S.A.)

I'm glad to hear this is a hoax and Starbucks didn't do that. I love their coffee and even buy it by the bag. If this was true I'd boycott their product too. That would suck for me to have to do but I would do it. So, yes, I'm happy to hear it isn't true. We can agree or disagree with the war, but we can never take that out on the troops sent there.

A Hoax!

AUTHOR: Russ - (U.S.A.)

Accoding to Snopes.com, the "Urban Legends Reference pages", Starbucks did no such thing. Check out snopes' website for the complete story.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

This report is bogus. This has been around since atleast April 2004. I challenge ANYONE to present a real letter from any military member that shows this.

presumably