• Report: #201035

• Submitted: Fri, July 14, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, July 14, 2006

• Reported By:Knoxville Tennessee
Stargate Photo
Gatephoto.com/ Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

Stargate Photo WaWa Digital The Camera Wiz ripoff Brooklyn New York

As most of the folks at resellerratings reported, I, too, was scammed after making an internet purchase from these crooks.

I got the usual confirmation e-mail requesting that I call to confirm the transaction. Upon calling, the fellow "James" put me on hold while he checked on whether the camera was in stock.

After his return, he stated it was in stock and that he would add the battery to my order. I asked if it didn't come with a battery and was told it did, but it would only last 15 minutes (BOGUS). I replied that I would purchase one locally. He said that was fine and signed off. 30 minutes later I had an e-mail saying my order had been cancelled.

When I called for clarification the man hung up on me. When I called again, he asked what I wanted them to do, in a very sarcastic manner, and then told me it was on 6 week back order. I asked if I could purchase a back ordered camera. He asked if I was willing to wait 8 weeks (guess he forgot he had said 6). When I said, 'I guess', he told me I could probably afford to get it somewhere else for just $20 more, right? and put me on interminable hold.

Yup, folks, it's a scam. I am watching my card closely now to ensure they don't do what others report having had their card information used fraudulantly.
BEWARE!

Shalom
Knoxville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2006 08:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stargate-Photo/Brooklyn-New-York/Stargate-Photo-WaWa-Digital-The-Camera-Wiz-ripoff-Brooklyn-New-York-201035. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stargate Photo