Complaint Review: Starla Godek, Starla Gload, Joseph Gload

• Updated: Thu, March 07, 2013

• Reported By: TickedOffTenant — San Diego California United States of America
Starla Godek, Starla Gload, Joseph Gload
6712 Mary Lane Dr. San Diego, CA 92115 Internet United States of America

Starla Godek, Starla Gload, Joseph Gload Starla Lynn Godek, Gload, Godek, christopher Gload, Samuel longnecker, Longnecker, DiSilva Beware of Landlord FRAUD near San Diego State University - Security Deposit Withheld Because Landlord Starla Gload and Joseph Gload Discriminate Against Tenant! San Diego, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Daniella Azencot's Landlord

I rented a home near San Diego State University from property manger/ landlord Starla Gload (aka Starla Godek, Starla Lynn etc.) for 2 years.  I was discriminated against and singled out from my 3 other roommates and did not receive my security deposit back for over 6 months after move-out.  After repeatedly trying to contact and receive my security deposit in return (as my roommates had 3 months after move out) I filed a small claims suit against Starla Gload and the individual I wrote out my rent checks to for 2 years, Joseph Gload.

Starla and Joseph did not show up to the the first court date and in their favor, the judge decided to re-schedule the hearing for no apparent reason.  During the re-scheduled hearing, the two were again a no-show and the case proceeded without them and in my favor.

Over 60 days after the judgement credit in my favor was honored, Starla sent an appeal to the court to vacate the judgement. [continued below]....
.....  This time around, Starla decided to show up, however she was alone.  Thinking she could represent her 'minor' son, Joseph Gload, Starla Gload admitted to the court that Joseph was her son and not available to represent himself.  The court did not buy this nor the motion to vacate the judgement and again the judgment was set to be paid to me plus the added interest.

For some reason in the state of California, defendants have a lot of leeway in small claims court and have the accessibility to drag on a judgment for a lifetime.  I have spent over 11 months after moving out of this woman' property trying to get my security deposit back and at this point it is not about the money anymore.

This is not the first time Starla Gload has been sued, taken to small claims court and weaseled her way out of re-paying innocent college students their security deposits and sadly it probably won't be the last.

Please take this advice from an SDSU alumni that was taken advantage of by a fraudulent individual and her affiliates, she owns over 20 homes near the San Diego State University area where she only rents to college students.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2013 06:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Starla-Godek-Starla-Gload-Joseph-Gload/internet/Starla-Godek-Starla-Gload-Joseph-Gload-Starla-Lynn-Godek-Gload-Godek-christopher-Gloa-1025269. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Starla Godek, Starla Gload, Joseph Gload

Daniella Azencot's Landlord

AUTHOR: Daniella Azencot's Landlord - (USA)

This is the rebuttal to the report against Starla that the tenant Daniella Azencot vented about. My side is that Daniella lived with 3 roommates who all parted in good terms. Daniella was mad because she left her belongings in the house she rented after her move-out date and went to Hawaii with her boyfriend. I charged her storage due to the fact that the new tenants moved in and could not use the room that Daniella Azencott occupied with her belongings. By law I could have charged her rent but did not. I took a rental loss while she vacationed at my expense. For her statement of being singled out, yes, because she did not actually move-out. My references for good character and returning of security deposits are basically my current tentants and the previous tenants I have had. This report that Daniella Azencot has reported is not accurate due to the fact she left out what she did not do in terms of a tenant. If anyone is concerned with this I suggest you react as my current tenants have done as well as all the tenants I have rented to right after Daniella Azencot. Which was ask me the details. I do not have as much time on my hands as Daniella who mentioned she was an alumni of SDSU (undergraduate), so I will conclude my rebuttal in one paragraph being a SDSU alumni also (graduate).