Complaint Review: Starpoint Resorts

• Submitted: Fri, January 25, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, January 26, 2013

• Reported By: Leslie De La Cruz — Poway California United States of America
Starpoint Resorts

Starpoint Resorts aka Geo Holiday is the master timeshare scam of all times! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Timeshare = Bad news

My husband and I purchased a timeshare in February 2012 with a trade-in involved; we gave up our timeshare in Cabo San Lucas in exchange for theirs and we were assured that their Title company will take care of the transfer and it's not an unusual case as they have done this kind of transaction numerous times with no problem.  Their "Big Boss" (a heavy-set guy) even sat and joined us at our table and bragged that he's friends with the owners with UVC and know them very well.  It was in November when I received a maintenance statement letter for 2013 from UVC that got my attention.  I shouldn't be receiving anymore maintenance billing from UVC as we have given up our ownership so I called Starpoint and was referred to Erin Anderson who is in-charge of trade-ins and no one else can help us.  It took a lot of phone calls which were never returned until after more than two weeks that Erin finally called.  She said she'll communicate with the Title company to see the status of the trade-in and this conversation was a few days before Christmas.  She also asked me to send her a copy of the billing statement and this time we're being charged late payment fee; this I sent to her email address that same day.  Until this time, I haven't heard back from her.  I sent her emails, left voice messages to no avail.  I asked before for a supervisor and I was told Erin herself is the supervisor for Customer Service.  I'm not going to end my battle with them and simply take this in.  I'll write a letter to another general manager and maybe even drive up there and make a scene at their presentation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2013 02:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Starpoint-Resorts/internet/Starpoint-Resorts-aka-Geo-Holiday-is-the-master-timeshare-scam-of-all-times-Internet-1003393. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Starpoint Resorts

Timeshare = Bad news

AUTHOR: IsabellaP - (United States of America)

I'm sorry you got caught. Fraud in general and specifically of timeshare are the order of the day. People should becautious and not be fooled by false promises about investment returns, timeshare resales or anything that sounds too good to be true. If it helps, here you can read some articles about how to proceed now: http://www.timesharescam.com/