Complaint Review: Starpoint Solutions

• Updated: Sat, March 01, 2014

• Reported By: Melissa L — Brooklyn Park Minnesota
Starpoint Solutions
185 express treet suite 400 Plainview, New York USA

Starpoint Solutions Ashley Kosman I started work for Starpoint a month ago. I have been inqiuring about my pay for a couple of weeks. Well today I finally got part of my checks. I was paid 7.25 an hour when I was told I would be paid 15$/hr. Of course pay was discussed over the phone and nothing is in writting. I'm probably screwed. Please do not work for this company!!!! Plainview New York

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Facts

I was offered a job through Starpoint Solutions working for a 10 billion dollar company. I was told over the phone, that I would be making 15 dollars an hour. It took a month to get paid for part of the time I worked and when I did it was for WAY LESS than what I was told. I am still waiting on 6 more days of pay which won't be for another 2 weeks. Of course pay was never put in writting per email or any other form. I believe this was done intentionally. I will up-date this forum as soon as I can get some one from this company to call me back. We all know it's tough out there but do not expect to be taken advantage of by an employeer.

Melissa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2014 03:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Starpoint-Solutions/Plainview-New-York-11803/Starpoint-Solutions-Ashley-Kosman-I-started-work-for-Starpoint-a-month-ago-I-have-been-i-1127575. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Starpoint Solutions

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Facts

AUTHOR: Ashley - ()

Melissa,

As you are aware, professional employees give a 2 week notice to all employers regardless of contract, perm, etc. As a consultant you signed a contract stating you would give a 2 week notice or be subject to be paid minimum wage. You signed this contract willingly and fully aware. You called out of work sick for 2 days and when I asked when you would be returning to the client, you said you were not becuase you found another position. So basically you walked off the project with NO NOTICE at all. You were only on the assignment for 2 weeks or less. Your claims are completely false and a defamation of my professional character. Our payroll schedule is every 2 weeks and if you start in the middle of a cycle, it takes a week or 2 to regulate itself but you are paid for the time you work. This is nothing out of the ordinary. Your pay is actually stated in our written contract that you signed and again, without a 2 week notice subject to minimum wage regardless. When you called to ask about this issue, I explained this to you fully. If you had other questions, the professional response would be to ask more questions instead of posting false information online.