Complaint Review: Start Up Essentials And A-1 Leasing Aka Bond Corp.

• Submitted: Sun, November 11, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, November 26, 2007

• Reported By:Chesapeake Virginia
Start Up Essentials And A-1 Leasing Aka Bond Corp.
startupessentials.com Internet U.S.A.

Start Up Essentials And A-1 Leasing Aka Bond Corp. Slick talking got me into throwing away my money on something totally useless Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: I need help!

*Author of original report: A-1 Leasing - Buy Out - you're kidding, right???

*Consumer Suggestion: BUY OUT!!!

A slick talking salesman called and made his "product" sound very inviting and workable. After some discussion, he put a sweet sounding girl on the phone to walk me through the sign-up process, all the while distracting me from wha t I was actually doing by chattering about personal issues. At the end of the contract, I hesitated and did not want to continue, because my gut told me this wouldn't work out. She put an ever slicker talking man on the phone who talked me right out of my fears and I signed the uncancellable contract. In hindsight, I should've hung up the phone, but here I am today with a laptop that does not work well, a bunch of CD's which are totally blank in some cases and a monthly bill that I cannot afford.
It's really encouraging to see so many similar complaints and it gives me a lot of hope!! If there's a way out of this, I will be VERY grateful.

Margo
Chesapeake, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2007 01:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Start-Up-Essentials-And-A-1-Leasing-Aka-Bond-Corp/internet/Start-Up-Essentials-And-A-1-Leasing-Aka-Bond-Corp-Slick-talking-got-me-into-throwing-away-284216. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Start Up Essentials And A-1 Leasing Aka Bond Corp.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I need help!

AUTHOR: Roham - (U.S.A.)

Can someone let me know how to get hold of my state's Attorney General and what I should tell the FBI and how to contact them.

AUTHOR: Margo - (U.S.A.)

I posted my complaint a few days ago and the very next day, I received an update from someone who advised me to buy out. He gave the phone number for A-1 Leasing and the name of the person to talk to about making some kind of settlement. I noticed he had responded to several other complaints with the same advice. Now that made me wonder... Is this advice coming from Steve at A-1, are they starting to see their demise and are scrambling to get whatever they can? I tried to call Steve to find out what the "pitch" was, but he doesn't answer and his mail box is full, so can't leave a message.

In any event, I have filed a complaint with the AG in VA, the FTC and the FBI as was suggested. I also contacted the lawyer in Texas, David Grossman, to find out about a class-action suit. As I said, it's only been a few days... haven't heard anything yet, but you can bet I'll continue to check in and will continue to post updates as they occur. Hope everyone else will do the same.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

BUY OUT!!!

AUTHOR: Zxdruker - (U.S.A.)

Contact Steve at A-1 Leaseing 888-222-0348 Ext 3007

I had the same lease and contacted him today, I had a balance of $4200

and bought out the remainder of the lease for $1800. That is less than .50 on the dollar and I am done with this NIGHTMARE