Complaint Review: Start-Up Essentials

Start-Up Essentials
Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Start-Up Essentials Scammed me into a contract with A-1 Leasing Houston Texas

*Author of original report: A-1 is at it again

My phone rang one afternoon as I was getting ready to go to work. The voice on the other end said that I had filled out a form on the internet, and that after selective screening, that they had chosen me to contact.

After a few well worded statements, they basically said that I was the candidate that they were looking for. They said that they were an internet based business that pretty much sold everything, and that they had a staff of professional marketers that were there to get me up and running in no time at all.

They went on to say that they made thier money from processing credit card invoices from my sales through a sister company called USA Card Services.

They went on to tell me that they were going to send me a laptop computer to work off of. And all I had to do was sign a lease for four to eight months, depending on the contract I chose.

Right. Try 48 months. At $136.24 per month on a non-cancelable lease. After1 year, I have paid more that $1600.00 for a $500.00 laptop. I still owe 3 more years. Then I have to send it back and pay them to re-condition it.

Out of the blue, I start getting e-mail from Lease-Breaker.Org telling me that I can legally break my lease. And, that all three of the companies previously mentioned have been sued.

First, how did they get my e-mail address? Second, why did they just dissappear? Are they part of the same scam group?

Lloyd
Findlay, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2007 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Start-Up-Essentials/Houston-Texas/Start-Up-Essentials-Scammed-me-into-a-contract-with-A-1-Leasing-Houston-Texas-281788. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Start-Up Essentials

A-1 is at it again

AUTHOR: Lloyd - (U.S.A.)

Since posting my initial report, I finally got something from A-1 Leasing on Christmas Eve. Now that they say, "it has gone to collections" they have tacked on another $3000.00. This brings the total owed to over $9000.00. They also informed me that they were seeking an attorney in Ohio to take the case. If I am not mistaken their contract said that all disputes would be resolved in the State of Michigan. Are they on the run?