Complaint Review: Startec

• Submitted: Fri, March 17, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, March 17, 2006

• Reported By:san francisco California
Startec
477 Peace Portal Dr. 107 Blaine, WA 98230 Blaine, Washington U.S.A.

Startec ripoff Blaine Washington

Startec is charging connection fee ($0.45) even when you can not connect.

When I used their service, I had to dial two or three times to get connected.

The first and second dialing attempt would always be followed by silence ? neither busy signal nor open line signal. But Statrec is charging for these attempts 45 cents ( $0.39 per connection plus $0.06 per minute). Every month I would have a bunch of phone calls for 45 cents listed on my bill.

I called the two-person customer service and asked the rep why Startec charges me for the connection that was never made. The rep told me that they have some technical problems and have to manually remove these charges. Then rep Lisa removed couple of 45 cents charges from my account.

Well, but it seems to me that if they charge connection fee for unsuccessful attempts, than Startec is also charging connection fee for all phone calls. Lisa refused to reverse these charges and insisted that Startec charges connection fee only when I use their 10-10 number.

I NEVER USED their 10-10 number and Startec is ( was ) my primary long-distance service provider which means NO CONNECTION FEE.

So, after that I made a phone call to SBC and requested that Startec be removed from my account.

Great service Startec management! You wanted to cheat your customer and steal a couple of cents from me every month, but instead you lost a customer and about $600 a year.

Oh, and I will do my best to tell everyone about your deceitful practices.

If your company charges any fee per connection be aware because they just gave themselves reason to RIP you OFF.

Krzysztof
San Francisco, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2006 01:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Startec/Blaine-Washington-98230/Startec-ripoff-Blaine-Washington-181680. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Startec