Complaint Review: Startercreditdirect

• Submitted: Tue, November 17, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, November 17, 2009

• Reported By: Dawna — Clayton North Carolina United States of America
Startercreditdirect

Startercreditdirect discountadvances.com Fraud, Took money from account, no authorization, left me owing fees Internet

After being in the hospital for 3 weeks I got behind on alot of my bills and car payment. I had to move in with relatives. I found myself needing money quick for a car payment so I went to this email that was in my yahoo account and read what it says payday in one day doscountadvances. I didn't read the fine print where it says that they will share my information with 3rd parties. I checked my checking account a couple of days later and saw where $99.00 was taken out of my account by a company called startercreditdirect it is all fraud!. I called my bank for several days to get it straighten out. They told me that was what happen when the information was shared. Not only that the bank will not wave any fees, so I am left paying over charge fees. The bank also told me that 4 other companies tried taking money out of my account, but I had put a freeze on the account and it is now closed. I only borrowed $300.00 but this company has cost me alot more. Emotionally and money and inconvenience. I got a letter from the bank which told me that my claim for fraud with this company was denied because I have given permission for discountadvances to reveil my info to a 3rd party. They did tell me as a courtesy they will give back the $99.00, but I'm still responsible for the fees that came out of this. Noone has the right to just take money out of your account without a signature or permission it's not fair and there are alot of frauds going on.  Do not ever deal with this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2009 09:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Startercreditdirect/internet/Startercreditdirect-discountadvancescom-Fraud-Took-money-from-account-no-authorization-525155. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Startercreditdirect