Complaint Review: Starting Forever, Ashley Stratton

• Submitted: Sun, March 29, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, March 29, 2009

• Reported By:exton Pennsylvania
Starting Forever, Ashley Stratton
Exton Mall, Exton, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Starting Forever, Ashley Stratton Promises and then Threatened! Exton Pennsylvania

I was recently brought onto the staff of Starting Forever as a Managing Partner with Ashley Stratton. I didn't let any of the rumors that I've heard for over 3 years bother me since I knew the concept could work and that I was ready to go full force to assist in making it work.

On my second day, I was introduced to over 20 vendors as the "managing partner" by Ashley and she also said that I am "the only one she cannot fire". By the 3rd and 4th day, she fired 2 of the marketing reps that were hired to assist me with sales. The store was in turmoil and there needed to be regrouping. With my experience, I knew that I could do it and brought on a business partner to assist me.

By week 2, Ash and her 22 yr old assistant were so impressed by what we had done they were praising everything we did. There was still some tweeking to be done in the store...like finding out what vendors existed within the store and who didn't. In the meantime, I gave Ashley over 20 of my "leads" for her to connect with to bring on board because my vision was there and we were ready to make things happen.

The employee, Marie, who was working Every Day Morning to Close was someone I had to assist in training the right way and I needed time to do that. After the begining of my 3rd week, I was instructed to Cut Marie's hours since Ashley had NOT paid her in over a month and the last paycheck given to several employees had Bounced.

By Wed of my 3rd week, I was informed by a Vendor I was soppose to be meeting with that "Ashley was meeting with me (the vendor) and she (Ashley) had other plans for me to do that day"----Confusion set in and I had not been contacted or responded to by Ashely in about 48 hours.
By Thurs of that week, I was on my way to open the store with my collegue and I was Fired via my cell phone by the Book Keeper on my way, asked to get my belongings out of the store..

When my collegue and I arrived to get our items, Marie rushed into the store screaming at me and physically assulted me for taking my items due to a laptop that I did not have with me at the time. The security was present and the Police were called.

It was not only an embarrassing scene, but a Confused one at best...

I received threatening messages from both the book keeper and Ashley on that afternoon--telling me that I have a 'chemical imbalance and that she is going to contact my other direct sales businesses to have them cancel my contract...and threatened her lawyer on me..' However, the very next day, (Friday), Ashley emails me if she can call me and ask me a personal question.

After researching Starting Forever online and hearing the stories there and from others who have had dealings with her in the past, I realize I"M not the one with the 'chemical imbalance'....

So, For those that have been involved with SF, they are Only in the Exton Mall til June, not sure what their confirmed plans are after that. I'm sorry to those I involved in this Mickey Mouse affair, but make sure to get a copy of your contract!!

I do believe the concept works if it's done right, and after dealing with Marie in that store and the others, I'm glad it only lasted 3 weeks and not 3 months!!!

Been Scammed
exton, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2009 09:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Starting-Forever-Ashley-Stratton/Exton-Pennsylvania/Starting-Forever-Ashley-Stratton-Promises-and-then-Threatened-Exton-Pennsylvania-438973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Starting Forever, Ashley Stratton