Complaint Review: Startup Essentials, A-1 Leasing, Colony One

• Submitted: Mon, March 10, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, June 28, 2008

• Reported By:West Burlington Iowa
Startup Essentials, A-1 Leasing, Colony One
2007 Eastern S.E. Grand Rapids, Michigan U.S.A.

Startup Essentials, A-1 Leasing, Colony One Ripoff or con Artists Grand Rapids Michigan

*Consumer Comment: read the settlement

*Consumer Suggestion: Settlement

*Author of original report: startup Essentials, A-1Leasing and all those crooks

My complaint is the same as all the rest of your complaints. These people need to be stopped before some other unsuspecting persons get involved with these ripoff artist. I guess they can't make real money, without taking advantage of unsuspecting people. I really was under the assumption that this was a legitimate company, and that they were for real, I guess you really never know who you can trust anymore, even when it comes right down to trying to make an honest living.

I really hope we can stop the people some how, I'm tired of being taken advantage of. We all need to band together on this. I can't afford the 6300 they want me to pay for something that doesn't work, or for a business that is no longer in use (Startup essentials) I guess maybe they had a few to many complaints from all of us, good job if we put them out of business, now if we can all figure out how to get our money back, any suggestions?

Carol
West Burlington, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2008 09:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Startup-Essentials-A-1-Leasing-Colony-One/Grand-Rapids-Michigan-49507/Startup-Essentials-A-1-Leasing-Colony-One-Ripoff-or-con-Artists-Grand-Rapids-Michigan-316446. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Startup Essentials, A-1 Leasing, Colony One

read the settlement

AUTHOR: Debbie - (U.S.A.)

I received this letter too. However it appears to me the "settlement" is puny. When i read what the settlement provides it appears that all they are crediting would be the last 3 monthly payments. In my case $420.00. If you multiply the number of class members 6625 x $420 you get $2.78 million. This is farly close to the $2.4 they have in the letter so it appears this is the total settlement. I figure some are paying less than i am, and the settlement figure may not include taxes so this is in the same ballpark.

This letter came from A-1 leasing and i don't trust anything associated with their name anymore. From what i've experienced sofar these people are very bold and i wouldn't put it past them that this is just their way of getting us to sign away our rights for any future litigation while still collecting most of the money they say they are owed. See Exhibit A, Release.

Right now i am trying to gather all the info i can to make a decision on how to proceed. If anyone has info on this matter i would appreciate input here.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Settlement

AUTHOR: Ericka - (U.S.A.)

I recieved a notice of a settlement from all of these ppl. Watch your mail and fill out the papers. A-1 Leasing and all the others have agreed to a 2.4 Million dollar sellelment to 6,625 people for the settlement. Victory has won!!!!

startup Essentials, A-1Leasing and all those crooks

AUTHOR: Blkstminl - (U.S.A.)

I contacted a lawyer in connection with a class action suit. He told me to ignore the phone calls from people who claim that they are going to sue me for the money left on these bogus leases. He also said out off all the people who have stopped payment, on these leases haven't been sued. He said about half of the 6200 or so people who were scammed by these people have stopped their payments. He says that they are just trying to get money out of you. I guess I will just sit tight and see what happens with this class action suit. I'm not answering my phone when these people call.