Complaint Review: Startup Essentials, A-1 Leasing LLC

• Submitted: Tue, February 26, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, February 26, 2008

• Reported By:Santee California
Startup Essentials, A-1 Leasing LLC
Startup Essentials: 4455 LBJ Freeway Ste 501 / A-1 Leasing: 2007 Eastern Ave S.E. Startup Essentials: Dallas, TX / A-1 Leasing: Grand Rapids, Michigan U.S.A.

Startup Essentials - A1 Leasing Scammed and Forcing Me to Pay $6,690.72 For a $900.00 Laptop Computer!! Startup Essentials: Dallas A-1 Leasing: Essentials: Dallas, Texas, Grand Rapids Michigan

I echo the same complaint that Marnae Smith of Hesperia, CA mentioned in her report. Startup Essentials initially contacted me with a promise to help me start up a business. In so doing they recommended that I obtain a laptop computer from A-1 Leasing LLC.

A-1 Leasing contacted me by phone and had me go online with them to sign their lease agreement electronically for their laptop computer. Because they were on the phone and encouraging me to hurriedly initial and sign the documents where they instructed me, there was really no time for me to study the lease agreement. My thoughts at the time was that their price of $139.39 for 48 months seemed high, but I figured I could recover those costs as a business expense, so I didn't bother to calculate the total cost. After signing the lease and hanging up the phone I realized that that computer was costing me $6,690.72!! An absurd amount for a cheap $900.00 laptop!!

I, nevertheless, made 14 payments to the tune of $1,951.46 when I went online to find out more about A-1 Leasing and Startup Essentials. That's when I spotted Ripoff Reports and some 240 other victims like me suffering from the same scams. I have since contacted an attorney who is well aware of these companies practices and is collecting information to prepare a class action law suit against them.

We needs more victims from California to bolster his law suit, so if any of you who live in California want revenge here is your chance. Please join in so we can all put these ridiculous payments behind us. Thank you.

GLS Enterprises
Santee, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2008 09:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Startup-Essentials-A-1-Leasing-LLC/Startup-Essentials-Dallas-TX-A-1-Leasing-Grand-Rapids-Michigan-75244-40507/Startup-Essentials-A1-Leasing-Scammed-and-Forcing-Me-to-Pay-669072-For-a-90000-Lapt-312409. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Startup Essentials, A-1 Leasing LLC