Complaint Review: Startup Essentials

• Submitted: Sun, January 06, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, January 06, 2008

• Reported By:Watertown Wisconsin
Startup Essentials
4455 LBJ Freeway Suite 502 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Startup Essentials Pressured me into signing a contract that I would start a business and have 186.00 deducted from my checking account monthly Dallas Texas

I received a telephone call from a Startup Essentials sales representative and they asked if I was willing to start a company from my home with the internet. I told the in my dreams and that I was on Social Security Disability and I was embrassed to be on disability.

Ted Thompson told me that I would be making enough money that I wouldn't need to be on disability. He also said the Startup Essentials would provide training, a laptop computer, and technical support. Ted Thompson was cracking jokes as he was explaining the program and the contract. The contract was in a pdf format and I was trying to read and understand the contract.

Ted Thompson also told me that I need to sign the contract electrically that evening and that I could not change my mind. They sent me the computer and the training CD's but they also take out 186.43 a month from my checking account.

I tried to call the company to return the computer and they said that they would sue me. So, I think I am stuck havingthem take the money out from my checking account.

Catty
Watertown, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2008 10:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Startup-Essentials/Dallas-Texas-75244/Startup-Essentials-Pressured-me-into-signing-a-contract-that-I-would-start-a-business-and-297629. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Startup Essentials