Complaint Review: Starview Kennel

• Reported By: Bubba — Kentucky
Starview Kennel
Taylorsville, KY Taylorsville, Kentucky USA

Starview Kennel Bad German Shepherd Breeder Taylorsville Kentucky

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Still no word from you??

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: You're wrong!

I have had a personal experience with Starview Kennel. Carolyn Mills is a horrible breeder. She has been known to flip dogs for profit. She also breeds/owns American Bulldogs. She wants to act like she knows what she is doing, but she is really only a google expert of both breeds. When I wanted to pick up a puppy from a prior breeding, it was my understanding that it was perfectly acceptable for me to pick the puppy up from her house so that I could also see how the parents were and their temperaments. When I was on my way, Carolyn called me and informed me that I would have to meet her elsewhere and that I couldn't pick the puppy up at her house. After this, it sounded fishy to me. Why would she not want me to show up at her place? What did she have to hide?

I have also talked with several other people that have had personal experiences with her as well. Apparently she has done several other people like this. She also will not honor her puppies's health/hip guarantee should something come up. One person that I talked to said that they bought a puppy from Starview, only to take her to the vet the next day and discovered the puppy had a congenital heart defect. When Starview was contacted about the problem, she ignored the person for several days and then once she finally did contact them back she would not offer either a refund or replacement puppy but denied the fact that the puppy had a heart condition, even though she was sent the written report to the poor health of the puppy from this person's veterinarian. She does not do as much health testing on her breeding dogs as she should, or this puppy would have never been produced.

Also, another person has bought a puppy from Carolyn and he has developed crippling hip and elbow dysplasia by the age of 9 months old. No puppy should ever have to go through this and this couple is paying out the money for hip replacement. Carolyn/Starview has yet to offer a replacement puppy for these people and have been sent the copies of the xrays from the veterinarian and has a written diagnosis from their vet. Beware of this breeder and also be careful of any other breeders in the area. I have been made aware that Starview also does really close business with another breeder in the same town, so be aware of who you are buying from.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2013 05:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Starview-Kennel/Taylorsville-Kentucky/Starview-Kennel-Bad-German-Shepherd-Breeder-Taylorsville-Kentucky-1061129. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Starview Kennel

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Still no word from you??

AUTHOR: Star View Kennel - ()

Well I've waited to hear from ANYONE who bought a puppy from me that supposedly has either hip/elbow dysplasia, or a heart defect, its been MONTHS and to date (Jan '14) no one has contacted me to say they have any health problems with any puppy/dog from me. I have a written contract which is legally binding, so don't you think if this is, in fact, true that people have pups from me with problems that they would have contacted me by now??  I don't know who you are, so don't even know if you ever even bought a pup from me, but highly doubt it since I've not heard from anyone with a problem with any pup from me.  The only people who have contacted me since this report was filed are people with GLOWING references as to how much they love their pups, and how smart and healthy they are. I have saved these references so if anyone out there wants to see any references I have PLENTY!! All but 1 person came out to my home and personally picked out/up their pups, and met both parents personally.  Anyone who wants to come see my kennel and dogs, feel free to contact me at mills0511@bellsouth.net and I'd be glad to show my dogs off.  Also you can speak with my vet and our local dog warden about them/me.  Thanks!

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

You're wrong!

AUTHOR: Star View Kennel - ()

If you honestly have a valid complaint you should address me, and I would make things right. I have to date never been made aware of any of my pups coming down with bad hips/elbows, or it would have been replaced.  I have a legal written contract and it would be legally binding, so if I don't know who you are, I can't replace a dog. I do not breed/have American Bulldogs, feel free to come to my house anytime by appointment and I'll gladly show you my kennels/dogs. I did have one bulldog pup as my Christmas present, but she has since been given to a family as a pet.  I have kids and grandkids, and things come up at the last minute,  so maybe if you were coming to my house to pick up a pup something else came up and I couldn't meet you at my house. But you would have been welcome to come any other day/time. And as for flipping dogs for profit, I'd sure like to know what dog that would be, since I have placed imported dogs in pet homes for free most times, I lose far more than I make in this hobby of mine. I'm inspected monthly by the Taylorsville Animal Control, and they have never been to my house with a complaint, only compliments on how well my dogs look and live.  Feel free to call me if you truly have something REAL to address.