Complaint Review: State Farm Agent Lisa Dobbs

• Updated: Fri, March 08, 2013

• Reported By: mls — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
State Farm Agent Lisa Dobbs
2323 Cumberland Pkwy Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

State Farm Agent Lisa Dobbs Lisa Dobbs Dishonest Employer Insurance Atlanta, Georgia

*Author of original report: I agree: its not for everyone!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Its not for everybody

*Author of original report: Very Unprofessional Employer

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Reply

I feel it is my obligation to inform those that are considering working for State Farm agent Lisa Dobbs, THINK TWICE AND RUN! I worked for her for approximately 3 years and she was not a stable person as an employer or personally. Her mood changed very often, she used vile language to decribe customers, other state farm employees, her close friends (strange!), and family members. The crude and suspecting comments she made about her customer's lifestyles (according to her suspected feelings) bothered me the most. That is completely unprofessional for an office environment of any kind. I have even heard her use vile language towards her children, calling them disgusting names. I want to assure you that I am not a disgruntled ex-employee; rather warn you of her ways. The bottom line is that she started office drama between myself and another employee who got along just well for the time period I was there. I don't know what her motive was, but the same employee said she has a habit of consistently doing this with other staff members. When she was respectfully questioned about it for a resolution, Lisa lied about what she stated. I quit her office because I could not continue to work for such a dishonest person. She's made several mistakes towards employees and then apologizes for it. Who wants to work in an environment like that? I was advise anyone that is considering working for her, read this information and ask yourself the previous question. She has high turnover which can be proved and should tell you something. There are plenty of other employers out there. Working for her is not worth it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2012 06:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/State-Farm-Agent-Lisa-Dobbs/Atlanta-Georgia-30339/State-Farm-Agent-Lisa-Dobbs-Lisa-Dobbs-Dishonest-Employer-Insurance-Atlanta-Georgia-956050. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on State Farm Agent Lisa Dobbs

I agree: its not for everyone!

AUTHOR: Ls - ()

Whoever this is (whether Lisa herself or someone she has convinced to post this), it sounds like you had a great experience working for Lisa Dobbs. She "is" excellent regarding payroll. It's just too bad she has a low level of professionalism. There's a difference between being blunt and babying a person (a term Lisa famously uses) and being disrepectful using foul language and discussing unnecessary personal business. This is an office, not her home. Her office manager is okay now, but she has even quit once in the past for over a year because of Lisa's unprofessionalism. Lisa had to increase her pay and BEG for her to come back because she lost two other employees within a six month period. It would be great if her office manager could pass an insurance exam to become a "fully" licensed insurance agent. My experience working for her was terrible. She is a liar. I can only speak for myself; I Would Not Recommend Anyone to Go Through That Same Nightmare. Everything I have posted in my warning is TRUE! And i'd be interested in knowing who she has trained to become an agent from scratch? Nice try Lisa.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Its not for everybody

AUTHOR: T216 - ()

I am a former employee of Lisa Dobbs. Lisa Dobbs is a very intense very successful insurance agent. I'm not here to defend Lisa because she dosen't need defending. I am here to share my experience while working in the office. Lisa Dobbs paid for me to become a fully licensed insurance agent. She sent me to several training courses on how to better myself as an agent. Lisa introduced me to higher ups in the company allowing me to further my career in the insurance business. While I was in the office she had successfully trained a team member to become a agency owner. She always paid me on time and it was always the correct amount. She knows insurance and she knows how to run a business. She has an office manager who knows more about Necho, Abs and SFPP than any single person in all of State Farm company. Lisa is very blunt and will tell you exactly what she thinks and means. Don't work with Lisa if you want someone to baby you. DO work for Lisa if you want to know what it takes to make a living in the real world.

Very Unprofessional Employer

AUTHOR: mls - (United States of America)

As previously mentioned, i feel it is my obligation to "warn" others that are considering employment with her agency. I have nothing to gain by posting this. Not once in her rebuttal does she mention that my statements were untrue or unfounded. Her comment of "terminated" when she knows i "quit" further proves she's a dishonest person. In her 23 years, she has had an extremely high turnover rate probably due to her unprofessional ways. She may be fully staffed for the time being, but based on her record of turnover, the odds of the same staff next year are slim to none. Trust me, it's not worth an interview. There are other agencies and companies with more trustworthy, credible, stable, and professional agents.

#4 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: Lisa Dobbs - (United States of America)

The author of this report is a former employee who was terminated for his inability to behave professionally and work with our team. His comments are a reflection of what it was like to work with him. Please contact me personally at 404-365-8515 if you are interested in working with our office. I am fully staffed at this time but have mentored many team members in my 23 years of agency and welcome the opportunity to speak with you.