Complaint Review: State Farm Bank

• Updated: Fri, January 04, 2013

• Reported By: Diane — Kihei Hawaii United States of America
State Farm Bank
PO Box 2316 Bloomington, Illinois United States of America

State Farm Bank Protectors of Crooks & Hijackers of Information Bloomington, Illinois

These people allowed a crooked management company to open an account in the name of our homeowners' association.  The wife fraudulently claimed to be the Secretary of our corporation.  As soon as she had signing authority, she wrote a check for $65,000.00 to empty our bank account and put all the funds under their control.  Because they used their address instead of ours, everything was (and is) mailed to them.  We ended up firing them.

When I called the bank to request a change of address so we could receive the 1099-INT for tax purposes, they asked me 8 questions, all of which I answered correctly, then they put me on hold for so long I ended up calling back twice trying in vain to get past the representatives to speak with a supervisor.  Not one of the three people would answer my questions or let me speak with a supervisor.  The last guy was polite but I wasn't going to fall for the "hold for a supervisor" a 3rd time.  I just hung up.  They wasted 45 minutes of my time in order to protect a closed bank account for which I simply wanted verification that the interest earned for the final month was $4.14 so I could do the taxes as a volunteer for my HOA!!!  Gee, a crook could sure do a lot of damage with that information.

I understand the need for security, but come on people!  The bank should have done the security check on the other end and not let these crooks pretend to be officers of the corporation.  Banks are supposed to demand to see the Minutes appointing the officers, and there weren't any showing she was the Secretary because she wasn't!

Luckily I found the final bank statement so I can figure out myself how much interest we received and don't need anything from them, but I advise everyone to stay away from this bank.  Their representatives are rude and will put you on hold forever instead of addressing your problem, especially one that they helped create.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2013 06:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/State-Farm-Bank/Bloomington-Illinois-61702/State-Farm-Bank-Protectors-of-Crooks-Hijackers-of-Information-Bloomington-Illinois-991504. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on State Farm Bank