• Report: #420582

• Submitted: Thu, February 05, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 28, 2010

• Reported By:Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
State Farm Insurance - Homeowner & Flood Insurance
statefarm.com Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

State Farm Insurance - Homeowner & Flood Insurance Useless to have homeowner and/or flood insurance with State Farm Insurance Co. Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

*Consumer Suggestion: Makes a difference

After having a major water problem that resulted after a 2 day rain we got water in our reck room which damaged the paneling and destroyed some carpeting.
I proved to the adjusters with pictures I had taken that the problem was caused by water being deflected into my yard from some recent road work that was done by the township.

Both adjusters agreed that it looked like that was what caused the water damage but none of the damage was covered because the water came in thru the wall or floor ??? What does it matter if the water came in thru a wall, floor, door, window, or even the roof when I am paying for both homeowner and flood insurance ???

So, now I'm left in the position of having to sue the exact company that was suppose to be protecting me. I did read recently that many major insurance companies are denying claims knowing that people don't have the time or money to sue them. and especially after they have lost their butts in the Katrina flood and the many fires out West. Sooooo, it's more cost effective to hire a bunch of Lawyers on consignment than pay out.

I'm going to cancel both policies just as soon as I determine if I can afford to sue them. I'm not gonna pay $740.00 a year for nothing but lip service and have to listen to an adjuster parse every word in a contract looking for a way out.

My recommendation to everyone out there is to stop paying for "nothing". I'm gonna put the $740.00 a year premium cost into a savings account and pay for damages as I go and screw State Farm and all the other insurance frauds and scams out there. Then I don't have to go "begging" to get some of my money back.
Screw em all !!!

Gonefishin
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2009 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/State-Farm-Insurance-Homeowner-Flood-Insurance/Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania/State-Farm-Insurance-Homeowner-Flood-Insurance-Useless-to-have-homeowner-andor-flood-420582. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on State Farm Insurance - Homeowner & Flood Insurance

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Makes a difference

AUTHOR: hear - (United States of America)

Floods are not covered by homeowners insurance in any state, they are underwritten by FEMA.  So it matters greatly how the water came in the home.  If it is the result of water seeping in from the outside, that is a flood.  Your flood policy would cover that, minus your deductible.  I would have to see why the flood claim was not accepted, but this should have been denied under home insurance.