Complaint Review: State Farm Insurance co.

• Submitted: Thu, August 07, 2014
  • Updated: Thu, August 07, 2014

• Reported By: Sherry — Las Vegas Nevada
State Farm Insurance co.
Las Vegas , Nevada USA

State Farm Insurance co. Denied / refused to pay claim after a firm offer Las Vegas Nevada

*Consumer Comment: If they have been "unethical" or broken laws..

*Author of original report: State Farm do the Ethical thing pay the claim as promised!

Detail of ComplaintState Farm Insurance co. Informed me July 20-2014 that they agreed to settle my auto claim in which the the other driver was sited and clearly at fault....( I had worked on this claim the entire two years ) this claim is in the amount of $4000.00 we agreed to this amount to settle the claim in full. On July 25-2014 Jeff Kuntz senior claims adjuster informed me that because of the length of it took to settle this claim he no longer would honor the amount stated....... Because the statue of limitations ended July 23-2014. I feel this is a huge injustice because I was working with him to expedite things because I knew time was running out!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2014 09:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/State-Farm-Insurance-co/Las-Vegas-Nevada/State-Farm-Insurance-co-Denied-refused-to-pay-claim-after-a-firm-offer-Las-Vegas-Nevad-1168290. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on State Farm Insurance co.

If they have been "unethical" or broken laws..

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

Report the FACTS of this to your states insurance commissioner.  You don't give enough details to know for sure if you have been wronged, but this action would seem appropriate at this time.

State Farm do the Ethical thing pay the claim as promised!

AUTHOR: Sherry - ()

I was contacted by State Farm Insurance today Tuesday August -5 1200 pm by Mr. Shannon by phone 304-348-6233 to be briefed. He reaffirmed that State Farm under no circumstances is going to pay this claim! Very upsetting to say the least! I worked in good faith with this company to resolve the matter for two years because of my in jury's and not being able to work!..... There are extraordinary circumstances and time delays not being able to contact or speak with my claims adjuster delay after delay! to the claim... From day one there primary goal was DEFEND-DELAY-DENY and they did just that! I truly feel this is a huge injustice to be treated in such a manor.... I feel the ethical thing for them to do is one simple and easy step just pay the claim.... I to the best of my knowledge thought we were in the process of negations and the time limit was not a factor! One minute we are in discussion to settle the claim, the next were done case closed! I am not a lawyer so I was not sure of the time constraint at hand.... I know that is not and excuse, but believe it to be unethical to be treated in such a disrespectful way! I truly hope that you can help me resolve the huge injustice!