Complaint Review: State Farm Insurance

• Submitted: Mon, February 18, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, February 18, 2013

• Reported By: Jason — Westbrook Maine U.S.A.
State Farm Insurance
1 State Farm Plaza Bloomington, Illinois United States of America

State Farm Insurance "Like A Good Neighbor"??!!?!? I don't think so.... Bloomington, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: If you haven't already done so, please file a report to the following agency...

State Farm Insurance will go to extremes in order NOT to pay a claim.  I had damage resulting from Hurricane Sandy.  Everybody I speak with, from claims to customer service to the adjusters, all will work very hard NOT to help you get your claim paid.  I feel like I'm part of the plot from the Rainmaker.  I never thought, when switching insurance companies, that I'd get this amount of terrible service, not to mention claims being unpaid.  Since the date of the damage, I've incurred close to $10,000 of expenses that I've had to pay out of pocket, without a single dime from State Farm.  When I consulted with an outside and independant adjuster, I was shown a binder which had a full timeline and negative history on Andrea Smith, the area claims adjuster for State Farm.  Apparently, she does a great job of turning down claims and forcing homeowners to explore alternative methods in order to get what they deserve.  My agent is a great person, but I know he's handcuffed with how claims and their back office operates.  Every time I turn on the TV, there are those "Like a good neighbor" commericials.  I don't feel anything remotely close to that right now.  I'd highly urge others NOT to go w/ State Farm.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2013 10:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/State-Farm-Insurance/Bloomington-Illinois-61710/State-Farm-Insurance-Like-A-Good-Neighbor-I-dont-think-so-Bloomington-Ill-1016149. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on State Farm Insurance

If you haven't already done so, please file a report to the following agency...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)