Complaint Review: State Farm Insurance

• Submitted: Thu, October 25, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, October 25, 2012

• Reported By: trumerci — Miami Florida United States of America
State Farm Insurance
878 S Dixie Hwy ste 100, Coral Gables,Fl 33146 Coral Gables, Florida United States of America

State Farm Insurance State Farm Ins. C. Martinez Agency Coral Gables State Farm prices and service is not the best anymore, not what it used to be.Overpriced and bad customer service. Other Carriers deserve a 2nd chance. You will be surprised at the savings. I found o Coral Gables, Florida

*Consumer Comment: So true...

By most standards to what I knew in the past State Farm used to be the best out there. Found out the hard way that is not the case and it is always a good idea to get quotes from other carriers and get second opinions. We sometimes get used to same carriers and the same Agents and don't bother to check somewhere else... Big costly mistake......We found out.. We were getting ripped off and were being charged for vehicles an overpriced amount of about $1000 more on our yearly vehicle premiums by them ...
Not to mention the horrible customer service we were putting up with...As a Long time State Farm customer. Never made a claim. Had at one point hm insurance, car insurance and life term insurance. But No more hm insurance, car insurance I just cancelled and all I have left with 2 term life insurance that are active to which I plan to review as well to see if that is the best deal out there?
My experience for the past recent years is very poor. State Farm Agent C Martinez Agency in Coral Gables Florida has downgraded in the customer service levels. Due to constant rate increases and bad customer service I recently decided to get other quotes from 3 different large insurance carriers only to find out that they were over priced by about $1000 yearly more on our 2 vehicle premiums that State Farm Agent Martinez was giving us.
Every time they increase our premiums on car ins. and I inquire as to the reason why, I was told with every increase we got that was that and there was nothing else they could do. That agency was originally in another area location when they started. Now they are in Coral Gables. I feel as though we are paying for the high price upscale area location they change to and choice of this agent.
Every time I questioned the rates they got higher and higher. Another words is like don't ask and don't inquire or it will cost you more..I inquire with another State Farm Agency and all they did was look at what I had and not give me not much of a different quote just a few dollars different.... They cover each others back well no doubt...Yet other3 large reputable carriers gave me not only a much cheaper quote by aprox. $1000 less yearly but the coverage was better and higher. Which goes to show...don't get married to one company get a 2nd opinion and State Farm quality of service and price is not what it used to be......Take it from a long time client that just woke up.....Its not the best company out there .. get other quotes and don't give up you can find better....:)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2012 05:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/State-Farm-Insurance/Coral-Gables-Florida-/State-Farm-Insurance-State-Farm-Ins-C-Martinez-Agency-Coral-Gables-State-Farm-prices-a-960204. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on State Farm Insurance

So true...

AUTHOR: jjthejetplane - (USA)

I switched years ago after they went up every year on my homeowners insurance and I finally got fed up with it.

You can save a lot of money by shopping around.  Their discounts are bogus.  Seriously.

I recently got a quote from State Farm for car insurance.  They were literally 2x the cost of Progressive for same insurance.