Complaint Review: State Farm Insurance

• Updated: Sat, March 16, 2013

• Reported By: mister — pasadena California
State Farm Insurance
1578 Colorado Blvd Los Angeles, California United States of America

State Farm Insurance Not like a good neighbor: Deductiible collected for a no-fault accident/total loss - an insured motorist hit/totallled my parked car, and statefarm will not reimburse my deductlible, nor manange the c Los Angeles , California

Why would a state farm insurance customer have to pay a deductible, when their vehicle was hit while parked?  My car was a total loss, I have been compensated for the vehicle, however there should be no reason that a deductible was applied, and charged to me. this accident occurred in November 2012, and i have been given the runaround ever since. State Farm agent expects me to follow-up with the other motorists insurance company. They have also told me that "my check was in the mail" over a month ago. I am not an insurance agent, nor do I care to be. State Farm seems to have placed all of their focus on advertising "Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there". This has proven to be false advertisement, and to my detriment, I have had no viable, or reliable agent support with this simple issue. My relative was also involved in this drunk driver hitting 4 parked vehicles. they are insured with Mercury Insurance (the same company that the drunk driver has) and was reimbursed/compensated fully with one month of the incident. Including the  deductible.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2013 11:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/State-Farm-Insurance/Los-Angeles-California-90041/State-Farm-Insurance-Not-like-a-good-neighbor-Deductiible-collected-for-a-no-fault-accid-1035268. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on State Farm Insurance