Complaint Review: State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

• Updated: Fri, September 16, 2011

• Reported By: Jim — Henderson Nevada United States of America
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
Bloomington, Illinois United States of America

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Refused to Negotiate in Aggressive Good Faith Bloomington, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Statefarm completely lied In their response to the department of insurance to make me look bad and they believe statefarm over my word so they get away without paying my claim

*Consumer Comment: State worked for me

*Consumer Comment: I'll bet nobody else knows this dirty little secret...

*Consumer Comment: Good Job!

*Consumer Comment: Yes the insurance commissioner office works for the insurance companies they get away with not compensating people for all damages or injuries they don't make them do the right thing

*Consumer Comment: I find several things about your Ripoff Report that are interesting...

*Consumer Comment: So you stop paying the Lender?

I too had a run in with State farm Auto Ins. Other drivers fault damaged my auto. My Company  State farm  Low balled me on damages. I challenged the low estimate . There after the adjuster refused to contact me in order to negotiate ;also he evaded any attempts I made to contact him. I had a loan on the auto. I notified the the Lender that I would make no more payments. They could repo to auto.  They got mad.

I contacted the state insurance commission. Their attitude convinced me that they were working for the insurance companies. The accident was a multi car pile up which involved many companies. I did nothing else. Went into non communication.   One year later I got every thing I asked for.

All the other insurance companies from other states had piled on our insurance commission. The SFM adjustor sent me an out raged letter saying I had evaded Him. Sorry to little to late Rule: always owe on auto. If Insurance co intransigent  make recorded attempts to contact adjuster.   always ask for more.   If no positive response do nothing. Let other parties iron it out.  Do not go to lawyer. Do not pay for nothing. Forget your credit rating.  or borrow for new car  before credit report goes in.  I got no run around from my new company even with several accidents.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2011 11:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/State-Farm-Mutual-Automobile-Insurance-Company/Bloomington-Illinois-/State-Farm-Mutual-Automobile-Insurance-Company-Refused-to-Negotiate-in-Aggressive-Good-Fa-775200. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

Statefarm completely lied In their response to the department of insurance,   to make me look bad and they believe statefarm over my word so they get away without paying my claim.

State worked for me

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

I once went to the state insurance dept after State Farm (Representing the other party) lowballed us and the state dept gave me their own estimate for hundreds more that the State Farm guy accepted with his tail between his legs.
Curious, you do realize that the top recognized market value any insurer is required to give you can still be less than you owe? Hence the need for Gap Insurance while car is financed.

Assuming though that your lender doesn't come after you for gap between what they auctioned the car for and what you owed, I'm not going to grieve if you beat the system. If they do, and they may still do so, you got a big issue to deal with.

I'll bet nobody else knows this dirty little secret...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

"Yes the insurance commissioner office works for the insurance companies. They get away with not compensating people for all damages or injuries they don't make them do the right thing. Don't listen to the jerks on this site, who wish to cause us more "GRIEF".

Show proof of this, or did you just make this up?....thought so.

If the insurance commisioner doesn't do what every individual wants, then, according to you, they are in bed with the insurance companys...right?

Take your proof to whatever states Attorney General is appropriate and ask for an investigation...let us know the outcome.

Good Job!

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Gettin everything you asked for.  Sometimes you just have to show these leeches you mean business.

You can always "total" the vehicle yourself if you think state farm is gonna lowball ya.
Yes the insurance commissioner office works for the insurance companies.   They get away with not compensating people for all damages or injuries they don't make them do the right thing.  Don't listen to the jerks on this site,  who wish to cause us more "GRIEF".

I find several things about your Ripoff Report that are interesting...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

"If Insurance co intransigent make recorded attempts to contact adjuster. always ask for more. If no positive response do nothing. Let other parties iron it out. Do not go to lawyer. Do not pay for nothing. Forget your credit rating. or borrow for new car before credit report goes in."

"I had a loan on the auto. I notified the the Lender that I would make no more payments. They could repo to auto."

This seems more than a little stupid.  It will catch up with you in more ways than one.  The previous rebuttal poster spelled out part of it.  Then your repo would eventually cost you when you try to borrow at a later date.

" I got no run around from my new company even with several accidents."

Just a little curious, how many accidents HAVE you been in?...all someone else's fault, I would bet.

Your life must be one giant daily disaster. :)

So you stop paying the Lender?

AUTHOR: Dave - (USA)

If I read this correctly yopu were given an estimate for the damage to your vehicle to have it fixed and you were unhappy it wasn't a higher amount?

Then you tell the lender you will not make any more payments on your Loanand to repo it.  Why do you feel you don't have to repay the money the lender loaned you for the vehicle?

Here's what will most likely happen if they repo the vehicle.  It will go to auction and be sold.  There will then be a difference in the amount they get for the car and what the balance of your loan is.  This deficit is what they will probably ask you to pay or they will seek a judgment against you.

Sounds to me like you were trying to get out of paying for the vehicle and when the vehicle wasn't a total loss due to the accident you were not happy