Complaint Review: State Farm

• Updated: Fri, December 14, 2012

• Reported By: Jay — West Union West Virginia United States of America
State Farm
Clarksburg, West Virginia United States of America

State Farm MESSED UP BILLING BECAUSE I MOVED AND ADDED CAR!! REALLY!! Clarksburg, West Virginia

*Author of original report: Insane

*UPDATE Employee: State to State Transfer

I moved earlier this past summer from Virginia and moved my insurance to new agent in West Virginia. THE nightmare begins. I also added a small car. My bill was due at the same time and I was in the office with check in hand expecting to pay it. You can not believe this but they refuse to take any check for payment. The reason they gave was paper work wasn't ready for payment. So mistake number one then occurs because of this and I get first double bill, yes double what I was accustom to paying. Then I get a bill even worse two months later after I was told, money was never collected for additional vehicle after I called their corporate line to inform them that billing was not right. Now I get a bill for month of December due December 22 of almost $700 because money for car was never collected. A few people inside the company has admitted to me that I was not treated right but at least half of the bill is due before December 22. Today is December 14. So let me understand this, I wasn't "taken care of" as they say, but I am suppose to pay $700 in two weeks time. WHERE IS THE HELP WHEN IT ISN'T MY FAULT. I have been with State Farm 18yrs and can't believe the lack of help to resolve it when they are taking most of blame. Take your insurance needs else where.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2012 07:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/State-Farm/Clarksburg-West-Virginia-/State-Farm-MESSED-UP-BILLING-BECAUSE-I-MOVED-AND-ADDED-CAR-REALLY-Clarksburg-West-V-982309. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on State Farm

Insane

AUTHOR: Jay - ()

6 months to 8 months later just getting bill straight is insane, I don't care how you shake it. Your monthly payment people, policies are totally ridiculous. You can't budget for 600 - 700 dollar bills a month. You might be able to that is why you work for them.

State to State Transfer

AUTHOR: StateFarmEmployeeAnonymous - ()

It takes time for a policy to transfer states. There is protocal to this, they can't just cancel your insurance in Virgina and then Rewrite it in West Virgina. This is against policy because it is stealing customers from State Farm Agents (who are independent small business owners). A "state to state" transfer doesn't penalize any agent for not retaining customers.

This change goes through corporate and takes a while to process. Probably about a month. So this is why you weren't able to pay in the new office, because the policies were not transferred yet. Then you got a double bill to pay for the past insurance and the new month.

You should have budgeted this. Also different zipcodes have different ratings. Insurance in California and New york is much more expensive than Oklahoma. There are more drivers, more stolen vehicles, etc.