Complaint Review: State Farm

State Farm
, Nebraska USA

State Farm Won't warranty repairs Nebraska

Folks Beware....

Last summer I got t-boned by a teenager driving her mom's car and who was visitin Kansas City.  Luckily no one was hurt and luckily (or so I though at the time)...she had insurance.  When I mentioned my accident to my fellow Officers at Leavenworth and told them I was glad she had insurance a few laughed because I mentioned State Farm... the phrase "don't hold your breath was used a few times".

At the time I will admit that I was pleased with the way they handled everything... not as expeditiously as USAA (my insurance) but oh well.  Repairs were made, back driverside door was replaced... and I though nothing of their warnings until a few weeks ago.  The interior locking mechanism for the door, a new part and one that had never failed in any of my doors before went bad.  I use this car for work and drive to and from the base by myself...rarely do I carry passengers.

So I called the repair shop that called State Farm so they would approve the replacement part purchase and installation.  The repair shop called them and left messages 4 times until State Farm finally got back with me and told me that the part was no longer under warranty; it was normal wear and tear.  I argued that the other locks (not damaged in the accident) did not go bad (orginal and working for 7 years) and that their part went out in 15 months and that they promise a lifetime warranty on the repairs.  No luck.

So folks...if you get your car repaired under the "insurance protection" of this "honest" company... well just hope and pray something will go bad quickly...I would hate that something like your brake system, your steering, etc which you use normally, might go bad.  It will take some work but I should be able to fix the part myself, but you don't want be going down the road and have the "normal wear and tear" bug hit you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2013 08:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/State-Farm/Nebraska/State-Farm-Wont-warranty-repairs-Nebraska-1075738. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on State Farm