Complaint Review: State Farm

• Updated: Sat, June 28, 2014

• Reported By: Raymond — Niles Michigan
State Farm
Nationwide USA

State Farm Ins, Ed Rust. Luke Campbo ripped me off for $2300 Bloomington Illinois

*Author of original report: Intentional?

*Consumer Comment: How Do They Know It Was "Intentional"?

State Farm refuses to pay a claim saying they need proof of purchase even though it is not required.  They claim they dont know what caused the damage and refuse to pay. This is a mattress that was ruined by some type of spill that smelled bad and I had to get rid of it. All I got was claim adjuster double talk who tried to blame my daughter say it was intentional. This is a legitimate claim and they refuse to do anything about it. The mattress cost $2300 and was only a couple months old.  I gave the an estimate to replace it at half the cost butt fell on deaf ears. Now I want the the the $2300 rather than giving the a break on the cost.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2014 06:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/State-Farm/nationwide/State-Farm-Ins-Ed-Rust-Luke-Campbo-ripped-me-off-for-2300-Bloomington-Illinois-1158157. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on State Farm

Intentional?

AUTHOR: Raymond - ()

I agree they have no idea if it was intentional or not. It doesnt matter I was insured.  You are are right the adjuster tried to intimidat me with his double talk.  I consiser myself an informed consumer and they do not intimidate me in any way. I made fun of him for his adjuster talk.

I forwarded all the corespondence to the CEO Ed Rust and will continue to do so until they rectify this issue.

I am already doing the things you suggested.  Any other people or companys you might think of to complain too? Please let me know, I am not playing with State Farm.

I am not about to go away, I plan on being a huge thorn from here on out.

Too bad insurance is a neccessary evil.

How Do They Know It Was "Intentional"?

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

First, always remember, the adjuster is not your friend and neither is the insurance company.  The insurance company makes money by collecting premiums and doing or saying whatever they can to prevent the paying of claims!  Just because they say they are not going to pay, that does not mean you just give up.  They are hoping you will just go away.  I highly suggest you check out whatever options may be available to you, up to and including running this by an attorney.