Complaint Review: State Investigation Department

• Updated: Thu, July 18, 2013

• Reported By: AntraJove — Kalamazoo Michigan
State Investigation Department
Utica, New York USA

State Investigation Department Dana Williams Fraud collateral settlement prosecution Utica New York

*Consumer Comment: Yes, it is a scam

I revived an email telling me that I was going to be prosecued due to a loan I received and had not paid off.  She also informed me that I used my bank account as collateral to secure said loan.   She told me that the government froze my SSN.

She told me to contact her as I will need her help.   She did not even know if I was a male or female as the e-mail was addressed to Mr./Mrs. She said that I was to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law

She has my SSN and said that the I can settled out of court for $1500 everything would be fine but I have to pay $900 today.   She said the court agreed to let me do that, however she already stated that my case had not yet gone to court.

Her email address was NOT a government address instead it was a gmail email.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2013 04:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/State-Investigation-Department-/Utica-New-York/State-Investigation-Department-Dana-Williams-Fraud-collateral-settlement-prosecution-Uti-1068214. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on State Investigation Department

Yes, it is a scam

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

You are right, it is a scam email. They are using fear and pressure to get people to pay. The debt may be ligit but they are unlikely to be legit collectors. Also, the name of the person is too common (in order to avoid google). Glad you caught it.