Complaint Review: State Wide Warranty

• Updated: Thu, August 09, 2012

• Reported By: Natalie — Indiana United States of America
State Wide Warranty
427 N Tatnall St #21853 Wilmington, Delaware United States of America

State Wide Warranty, State Wide Home Warranty, Statewide Warranty, Statewide Home Warranty Will Not Return Phone Calls or Emails Wilmington, Delaware

*Author of original report: Thank You, Indiana Attorney General's Office

I purchased a policy from Dean Summers at State Wide Warranty in late March of 2012.  Had you told me at that time that I would be writing this report, I never would have believed you because until recently, Mr. Summers was an absolute model of customer service.

That being said, after my check cleared in early April, I began looking for the hard copy of my policy to show up in the mail.  I became concerned and emailed Mr. Summers on May 1 and he promptly responded the same day and told me he didn't know why I hadn't received my policy, but that he would get another one mailed out to me. That was the last time I heard from Dean Summers.

I emailed again on May 11th with no response.  Around the 14th, I tried their phone menu for customer service and found that there really is no option for that and got an actual human being under the guise of buying a policy and left a message with her. On the 18th, yet another phone rep who could do nothing more than take a message for Mr. Summers.  On the 21st, I tried in vain one last time to contact Mr. Summers via email and since having no luck there, I have filed a complaint with the Attorney General, the Delaware BBB (of which State Wide is NOT a member) and now, the Ripoff Report.

I can't help but be afraid that I have been ripped off in the worst possible way.  My face is definitely red here - I'm old enough to know better and  thought I had really done my homework,  but as it turns out, State Wide Warranty is suddenly MIA from one of the websites I relied upon for reviews.  The worst part is - I had to actually save up money to buy this warranty.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2012 03:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/State-Wide-Warranty/Wilmington-Delaware-19801/State-Wide-Warranty-State-Wide-Home-Warranty-Statewide-Warranty-Statewide-Home-Warranty-890691. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on State Wide Warranty

Thank You, Indiana Attorney General's Office

AUTHOR: natmarie89 - (United States of America)

I filed a complaint with the Indiana Attorney General's office and they were able to get a full refund of my policy premium.