Complaint Review: State of California Franchise Tax Board

• Updated: Wed, June 26, 2013

• Reported By: Ruben Settle — Aurora Colorado
State of California Franchise Tax Board
p.o. box 942867 Sacramento, Ca. 94267 Sacramento, California USA

State of California Franchise Tax Board Chasing the wrong person. Sacramento California

*Consumer Comment: Contact the FTB Taxpayer Advocate

I just received from State of california Franchise tax Board the third letter describing a balance due of $2,126.52. for not reporting 2009-2010 income taxes and they are clarifying that This is "Final Notice before levy". The problem with that is that  State of California Franchise Board is chasing the wrong person. My name is Ruben Settle, and the person that they are looking for have the same name: Ruben Settle. I already sent them personal information to let them know that I'm a Colorado resident since 2004 and have been paying taxes here since then.

As I know, the other Ruben Settle that they are looking for has the S.S. 604-02-6556 and he is living with his Mother, Ma. Amparo Settle (S.S. 604-02-6542) on 2708 E. 2nd st. Los angeles ca. 90033.

I know this information because he is my son. Ruben settle, my son, was jailed and deported to Mexicali, Mexico.  A month ago he came back to U.S. illegally and, as I know, is living with his Mother.

State of california Franchise Tax Board is accusing me that I'm running a business, have employees working for me, but all that is not true. I'm a First transit Commerce City employee working as a Bus driver for about 6 years and earning a modest salary. I gave State of California Franchise Tax Board all this information plus my Colorado I.D. and my Commercial Driver licence number, also my personal SS ended in (5215), but after 2 letters that I sent them I just received this "Final Notice before levy".

I received, in this final notice a warning that if I don't pay that amount by 07/03/2013, they are gonna proceed to: "a state tax lien may be filled against your property, we can also begin involuntary collection action without further notice, seizing deposit accounts and seizing and selling real and personal propery. collection action also allows us to garnish 25% of your wages."

I already sent to State of california Franchise tax Board my 2011, 2010 income tax reported here in Colorado because I'm living and working in this State since 2004, but it looks like it is not working because They are chasing me as if I were the other Ruben settle. I have no money to pay a lawyer to clarify thi problem, That is why I'm turning to Ripoff to let them know that I'm scared and I do not know what to do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2013 03:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/State-of-California-Franchise-Tax-Board/Sacramento-California-94267-0011/State-of-California-Franchise-Tax-Board-Chasing-the-wrong-person-Sacramento-California-1062354. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on State of California Franchise Tax Board

Contact the FTB Taxpayer Advocate