Complaint Review: StateFarm Mutual (auto)Insurance Co.

• Submitted: Tue, February 28, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, February 28, 2012

• Reported By: RN — Denver Colorado United States of America
StateFarm Mutual (auto)Insurance Co.
1555 Promontory Cir, Greeley, Colorado United States of America

StateFarm Mutual (auto)Insurance Co. "Overpayment" of auto insurPremium (due to over-billing) Greeley, Colorado

State Farm Mutual auto Insurance company is, again, over-billing me.   A coupla' years ago this happened and I suspected my local agent - since he was the only one I'd ever talked with. And so I changed agents - but stayed with State Farm.

After eventually talking to a top manager with the Greeley, Colorado office I was informed that indeed I had "overpaid'' my premium and that, "it is not the general policy of State Farm to retain premium overpayments".  After receiving my "overpayment" amount back, I discovered that it is not only "not a general policy" for companies to keep overpayments, it is - in  fact - unlawful !   That was not mentioned by the Greeley official.

In reviewing a number of sources (inclusive of:  the Oyez Project at IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law), and the sound advice of a member of the Colorado Legislature, some light may be shed of this onerous practice by State Farm Mutual InsCo.   Any failure, on my part, to exercise my rights in a timely fashion - with regard to StateFarm Insurance Co - shall not infringe whatsoever upon my ability to exercise and to retain my full and lawful rights.     I do hereby reserve said rights.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2012 11:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/StateFarm-Mutual-autoInsurance-Co/Greeley-Colorado-80638/StateFarm-Mutual-autoInsurance-Co-Overpayment-of-auto-insurPremium-due-to-over-bill-845922. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on StateFarm Mutual (auto)Insurance Co.