Complaint Review: Staten Island Nissan

• Updated: Thu, January 09, 2014

• Reported By: Richard — Staten Island New York
Staten Island Nissan
1220 Hylan Blvd, Staten Island, NY 10305 Staten Island, New York USA

Staten Island Nissan Told numerous illegal claims to get person to sign purchase agreement. Stated that lender required extended warranty and fees. Staten Island New York

*Consumer Comment: Richard,

*Consumer Comment: Richard,

I purchased a car at Staten Island Nisan.  The dealer told me that in the loan I qualified for, the lender is requiring that I purchase an extended warranty and that they are also charging an application fee.  Later that night I contacted the lender to set up payments.  I asked if that was normal requirements.  I was told that it is illegal for them to say that and that those charges are not a requirement.

The lender immediately canceled the loan due to the false and illegal statements made by the dealer.  I immediately contacted the dealer and was told to return the auto and they would keep most of my down payment.  I tried to work things out, saying that i could either return the vehicle if they returned my deposit, or that I would purchase the vehicle immediately at the advertised price.  They denied it and demanded the vehicle back. [continued below]....

.....

It is now over a month since our last conversation and I have not heard back from them and I still have the vehicle.  I filed in small claims court but the date isn't until March.  I truly want to do the right thing.  Purchase the car at the advertised price (I can even get my own lender), or have them return my deposit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2014 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Staten-Island-Nissan/Staten-Island-New-York-10305/Staten-Island-Nissan-Told-numerous-illegal-claims-to-get-person-to-sign-purchase-agreemen-1114218. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Staten Island Nissan

Richard,

AUTHOR: Karl - ()

Please give us an update when you have time. Thanks.

Richard,

AUTHOR: Karl - ()

Since the transaction was not financed by the bank, the vehicle is still the property of the Nissan dealership. They cannot legally keep any of your deposit since the transaction was declined. You can only be charged a mileage fee by the dealership for putting miles on the car. Check your paperwork from the dealership in order to see what the mileage fee is. Also, why would you want to buy the car from them? They lied to you, correct? Find another Nissan dealership and buy the vehicle there.

Here are some suggestions:

1) Contact your Attorney General immediately and file a report about what transpired. It's free. Your Attorney General is there to help all consumers in New York. Simply 'Google' this- NEW YORK ATTORNEY GENERAL, and the information is available on the web.

2) Contact all of your Local TV News Stations in your city and send them a copy of your Ripoff Report. Put it to the attention of 'Investigative Reporter'.

*If Staten Island Nissan did this to you, it would be logical to conclude that they have done it to others and will continue to do it to future customers, right? By alerting all of your Local TV News Stations, someone might contact you and do a story on TV in order to alert other consumers in your area about Staten Island Nissan.

Good luck to you, and make sure to keep us updated.