Complaint Review: Statewide Modular Homes

• Updated: Wed, May 23, 2012

• Reported By: Mark — Beach Haven West New Jersey United States of America
Statewide Modular Homes
1905 Rt 37 East Toms River, New Jersey United States of America

Statewide Modular Homes Statewide Modular Statewide Modular Totally Ripped Us Off - BEWARE or Go Broke!! Toms River, New Jersey

Where to begin with our nightmare? First, STAY AWAY from this company at all cost, I can not really stress this enough. We shopped all the modular builders in our area (Ocean County) and liked a lot of them. We liked some more than others but in the end Statewide gave us the best price and like suckers I guess we fell for it. I am very ashamed to admit this but we were warned by other builders about their sneaky tactics.... but I thought maybe they just wanted our business and were bad mouthing the competition. Well turns out everything they said was 100% true. Statewide Modular low balled us on the price and promised so many things and said they were including things that NEVER GOT DONE! I thought I was good at reading the fine print but I learned a good lesson on this one. They say all these great things are included like free granite, free stainless appliances free demo free decks .. WELL THEY RE NOT!!. When it came time for these things to be done we got oh, no that wasn t included .. you have to pay $1500 more.. then another $5000 more for a small deck they said was included. Then so called FREE stainless appliances where scratch and dent refurbished ones .. but if we wanted NEW ones it was an extra $3000. We were getting a call weekly for extra money we didn t have because we were told it was all included in the original price. I have contacted an attorney and we are pursuing legal action due to fraud. So now I have to spend money on attorney fees for my so called bargain house . This has been the most stressful thing that has happened to my family and would not wish this on anyone. When other builders tell you Statewide Modular Homes price is to good to be true please listen. I hope someone will read this and be saved this nightmare. I hope we can re coop some of our financial loss but I am told it is a long and costly process.  STAY AWAY from Statewide Modular Homes!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2012 12:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Statewide-Modular-Homes/Toms-River-New-Jersey-08735/Statewide-Modular-Homes-Statewide-Modular-Statewide-Modular-Totally-Ripped-Us-Off-BEWARE-887053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Statewide Modular Homes