Complaint Review: Steam Showers 4 Less Aka: Novak& Co.

• Submitted: Fri, March 05, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, March 05, 2010

• Reported By: Bruce — Camano Island Washington United States of America
Steam Showers 4 Less Aka: Novak& Co.
4611 Newaygo Rd Ste E Fort Wayne, Indiana United States of America

Steam Showers 4 Less Aka: Novak& Co. Dave Novak & Company LLC Novak and Company sold me a $3055.00, severly damaged, steam shower unit that is missing parts. They refuse to replace, refund, or repair it. Fort Wayne Indiana

May 2009 I ordered the Steam Shower, model P213. The web site stated "BBB Certified, Door to Door Delivery, 100% Guarantee, and a 7 Year Warranty."  They took my $3,055.00, gave me a damaged and defective unit, and refused to refund or replace it.

On May 21st they sent me a unit that had severe fork lift damage.  I saw the damage clearly through the packaging and refused the delivery. for five weeks I sent many email messages and made telephone calls to Dave Novak & Company. I received another unit in July.  It was delivered to the road 150' from my house, not "Door to door". As I saw no obvious damage to the unit packaging, I accepted the delivery and placed it in a garage.

I opened the boxes on October 9th and found several sections had severe damage.  The damage included large holes and fractured fiberglass as well as dents and bent metal parts.  There were no parts such as screws, bolts, water hoses, shower head, ect.  There were no waranty, diagrams, or assembly instructions.  I immediately sent Dave Novak emails and telephone calls.  After several weeks without any response from Dave Novak, I filed a complaint with the Indiana BBB.

On November 6, 2009, Dave Novak replied to my emails and photos of the damage.  He said, "We can help you out with these item replacements or fixes. We can send out an accessories box if you don't have one. The damaged parts can all be replaced as well or fixed by a pofessional."   The BBB complaint was just closed this week as unresolved due to a repeated lack of response or follow through by Dave Novak & Company.  I have all emails and documents to support my grievence.

Dave Novak's false advertisement and total lack of customer servive borders on criminal activity.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2010 03:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Steam-Showers-4-Less-Aka-Novak-Co/Fort-Wayne-Indiana-46808-4117/Steam-Showers-4-Less-Aka-Novak-Co-Dave-Novak-Company-LLC-Novak-and-Company-sold-me-578460. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Steam Showers 4 Less Aka: Novak& Co.