rank

Complaint Review: Steam (Valve Software)

• Submitted: Thu, August 30, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, August 30, 2007

• Reported By:London NorthWest Territorie
Steam (Valve Software)
www.steampowered.com Internet U.S.A.

Steam (Valve Software) Gave my account to pirates and rendered my software useless Internet

I was given Half Life 2 for Christmas - new original copy but no receipt.

It requires a CD key to register, but someone had already stolen mine with a CD key generator, so I got an invalid CD key message.

Steam refuse to reset my CD key without a receipt, despite the fact that I have the original game, box, manual, and whole shooting match I could happily send in to them or show them a picture of.

I receive only automated emails from their Support site.

They have no support email address or listed telephone number.

I posted on their forums but no reply from administrators.

So I have a non-functional game my dad bought for 40 (approx $55), which some pirates somewhere are playing for free WITH STEAM'S FULL SUPPORT.

Illumine1983
London, NorthWest Territories
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2007 02:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Steam-Valve-Software/internet/Steam-Valve-Software-Gave-my-account-to-pirates-and-rendered-my-software-useless-Interne-271248. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Steam (Valve Software)