Complaint Review: Steebar

• Updated: Fri, September 09, 2011

• Reported By: Cindy LI — Port Washington New York United States of America
Steebar
P.O. Box 607 Peapack, New Jersey United States of America

Steebar Has misleading website and doesn't refund returned goods Peapack, New Jersey

I ordered a clock kit from Steebar.com on December 19th, 2010. My order number was  2154-6685-5379. When I received the "kit" it was actually a list of parts to go purchase at a hardware store plus a motor.

I sent an email to them asking what address I should return it to. I received no response. So I returned the kit via certified mail to the address from which it had been sent on January 11th. On January 12th I spoke to staff at Steebar who assured me that there would be a credit on my visa once the clock was received. I received the certification that the clock had been delivered on January 27th.

On April 25th, 2011, I spoke to staff at Steebar.com who said that they had received the clock and would post the refund to my credit card that evening.

Multiple times since then (on June 13th, July 26th and August 29th) I have spoken to Steebar.com staff who have assured me that either the visa would be credited or a check would be mailed to my home address. As of today, I have received no check and my VISA credit card still shows no refund for the $59.45 I was charged originally.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2011 12:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Steebar/Peapack-New-Jersey-07977/Steebar-Has-misleading-website-and-doesnt-refund-returned-goods-Peapack-New-Jersey-774823. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Steebar